About the Job
Our Strategy and Planning department provides a broad range of services to our funds, including asset-liability management, business planning, fund structuring, financial reporting and projections, and governance organization.
Full-time / Part-time
- Overall support to senior management in strategic matters of our funds
- Take responsibility for the Strategy and Planning department’s services for one of our funds
- Prepare financial projections and business plans
- Analyse the financial performance of our funds, identify key performance drivers and trends
- Prepare and further develop asset-liability management reports
- Support the development and introduction of new financial products
- Prepare Board meetings and investment committee meetings
- Liaise with other service providers working for the funds and numerous internal and external stakeholders
What we expect:
- University degree in economics, finance or business administration
- At least 2 years prior work experience in a relevant field, such as banking, finance, accounting, or consulting
- Interest in development finance, development economies, regions and cultures
- Self-starter with analytical and strategic mindset and attention to detail; sound analytical skills, affinity to numbers and accounting; well-organized when working under pressure across diverse tasks
- Strong in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong communication and intercultural skills as well as being a strong team player
Finance in Motion GmbH
One of the world’s leading advisors in impact investing, Finance in Motion focuses on sustainable economic, social and environmental development in low- and medium- income countries. With well over EUR 1.9 billion in assets under management, the company leverages public sector contributions through private investors. Our funds provide debt or equity primarily for local financial institutions and increasingly for project and corporate finance. We are active in 30 countries across Southeast and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa and Latin America, where we foster small business and rural development, green energy production, and natural resource protection.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 35 nationalities who strive to uphold our start-up spirit and profit from the opportunities of a growing company
- A job with a great degree of autonomy that achieves real impact through cooperation and joint responsibility
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company culture that rewards above-average results
Our more than 180 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through marked-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and prefer a communication style that suits the flat hierarchies and cooperative mindset we value, we would definitely like to hear from you. If you are interested, please use our online application system to submit your full application including a CV and meaningful cover letter in English.