About the Job
Nuveen’s Responsible Investing (RI) team provides strategic leadership to and guides the implementation of the firm’s RI commitments and approaches, including the organization’s obligations as a signatory to the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). The RI Team is accountable for Nuveen and all of its affiliates Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and Impact Investing capabilities as well as supporting the TIAA with RI activity. The team actively collaborates across the enterprise to leverage these capabilities to achieve business area and firm level growth objectives.
The Business Management Associate will provide the operational, programmatic and administrative support to the Responsible Investing team and report to the Managing Director, Head of Responsible Investing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage inbound calls and/or emails requesting engagement meetings with RI team
- Prioritize requests based on RI team’s engagement priorities, including analysis of proposed agenda, alignment with focus areas/RI Themes and Nuveen and/or affiliate holdings
- Assign meeting to appropriate RI team SME
- Compile various research reports and prepare summary of key ESG information in preparation for engagement meetings and assist with the compilation of meeting minutes as appropriate
- Support RI team with preparation of reports to various internal and external stakeholders
- Support requests as needed and provide additional assistance for board meeting
- Assists in program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives
- Support maintenance and improvement of the RI Team’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage shared folders and RI SharePoint site
- Support the onboarding and facilities management for the RI team
- Support the business management team with budget management, invoice submission and related administrative requirements for the RI group
- Track and support the execution of management routines including monthly staff meetings, talent reviews, mandatory training, culture survey actions, surveys, audit requests, etc.
- Provides support activities including the management of the Managing Director’s calendar, assisting and resolving problems, reviewing and controlling outgoing correspondence, arranging business travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, and follow-up on operational commitments.
- Provide support in the creation of presentations via Word, Excel and PowerPoint as requested
- Gather data and perform research in support of the managing director related to strategic initiatives, presentations and reports
Required Skills: (minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to enter the job)
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a business management type role
- Highly Advanced PC skills required (Must be fluent in MS Office, Word, Excel (well versed in Pivot Tables, V/H Lookup, etc.), Outlook, PowerPoint and the Internet with no training needed)
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments independently
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Background in financial services required, professional experience within investment management preferred
- Ability to gather data, information, and prepare reports independently and in a timely and/or urgent manner as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize and escalate issues to the proper person when necessary
- Ability to utilize independent judgment in problem solving of complex operating issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional professional demeanor with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and escalate issues to the proper level /authority when necessary
Nuveen, a TIAA Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.