About the Job
The Responsible Investing team at Nuveen is seeking an Associate to join our Nuveen Global Investments business in New York, NY. The role will focus on the fixed income asset class. TIAA is a national financial services organization and is the leading provider of retirement services in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields with $980 billion in combined assets under management. The position provides an opportunity to work in a high profile, dynamic and creative environment in an institution with a long history of and significant commitment to responsible investing.
The role is focused on ensuring our business is well positioned to meet the growing demand for responsible investment strategies globally, particularly in the fixed income asset class. The individual will support activity related to developing, systematizing and championing the responsible investment value proposition and product capabilities for this asset class.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Work collaboratively across multiple business areas (i.e. investment teams, product, CPM) to support the implementation of Nuveen’s responsible investing commitments, programs and practices aligned with fixed income.
- Perform research and contribute to the development and execution of relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) integration frameworks, metrics and processes.– Support a broad range of ESG-related internal and external reporting requirement needs and other internal requests.
- Participate in select industry organizations for the purpose of advancing the firm’s knowledge of industry best practice.
- Liaise with independent ESG research providers and consultants as needed to support priority strategies.
- Actively monitor emerging issues in the responsible investment field and support the management and development of relevant ESG and impact investment strategies and continued innovation.
Required Skills and Experience – Bachelors Degree required; Masters strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in finance or investing, or related quantitative discipline; credit research experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in responsible investing, ideally through professional experience in an asset management setting.
- Subject matter expertise related to one or more core sustainability themes (human rights, climate change, diversity & inclusion, water scarcity, etc), preferably within an investment or corporate context.
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment, as well as independently as needed.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a personable approach capable of building relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with familiarity with financial modeling.
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities while delivering quality outcomes.
Nuveen, a TIAA Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.