About the Job
The Responsible Investing team at Nuveen is seeking a Director to join our Nuveen Global Investments business in New York, NY. The role will report to the Global Head of Responsible Investing. The position provides an opportunity to work in a high profile, dynamic and creative environment in an institution with a long history of and significant commitment to responsible investing.
The role is focused on ensuring our business is well positioned to meet the growing demand for responsible investment strategies globally, particularly in the area of impact investing and measurement. The individual will be able to demonstrate solid subject matter expertise and will be expected to support investment teams and key RI approaches across multiple asset classes.
- Build upon existing activity at Nuveen to develop and implement a strategic approach to defining, measuring and reporting impact across multiple asset classes, products and RI approaches.). Familiarity with fixed income investing (including green/social/sustainability bonds) preferred.
- Strengthen points of connectivity and foster cross-fertilization of best practices on related activities across the entire Global Investments organization.
- Enhance and create impact portfolio-level measurement frameworks that inform investment underwriting process, focusing on thematic outcomes including the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Conduct research on impact related thematic issues and their relevance across asset classes.
- Work with Analysts and Portfolio Managers to evaluate impact of holdings and portfolios, including management of existing impact measurement reporting activities for existing RI products and portfolios.
- Represent the RI team within industry groups and leadership initiatives related to impact measurement.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of current sector developments, market trends, new mechanisms for impact, and peers in the field.
- Serve as resource for R&D on new impact investing services, products, solutions and capabilities.
- Collaborate with multiple business teams to support the impact investing marketing and distribution strategy, including the development and continuous enhancement of fund and portfolio-level reports, research and white papers, and related collateral.
QUALIFICATIONS: – Bachelors Degree required; Masters strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of related experience in financial services and/or experience working in the field(s) of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, or responsible business.
- Demonstrated interest in the responsible investment field, ideally through professional experience in an asset management setting and a subject matter expertise related to impact investment and impact measurement across asset classes.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in response to ambiguity and evolving client expectations, with the ability to close the gaps between ‘current state’ of impact data & disclosure and the future vision for the discipline.
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches across public and private markets
- Self-starter with a collaborative yet entrepreneurial work style, with strong organizational and project management skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to work in diverse team environment, as well as independently; comfortable with interaction across business lines and with executives and senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a personable approach capable of building relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with familiarity with financial modeling tools.
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities while delivering quality product.
Nuveen, a TIAA Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.