About the Job
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Development Senior Associate will support fundraising and partnerships with current and prospective funders in a fast-paced organization. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization’s next phase of growth, helping to achieve its ambition of harnessing the power of financial markets to solve pressing global challenges. This position also offers front-row exposure to the dynamic impact investing industry, and what it takes to build this market. The Development Senior Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Development and Partnerships.
- Support development of and write compelling grant proposals for funders that include foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Produce progress reports for funders, elevating key achievements relative to funder priorities for GIIN programs and activities.
- Manage quarterly reporting by GIIN program teams, including:
- Gathering and ensuring quality, accuracy, and relevance of information/data
- Liaising with program staff to ensure appropriate framing or presentation of activities
- Coordinate all administrative details pertaining to grant processing and reporting with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team.
- Assume grant management for assigned portfolio of funders, including:
- Tracking relevant funder information, proposal and reporting timelines, grant requirements, activities, and work plans using Salesforce and other internal systems
- Corresponding with funders as needed
- Create and update fundraising and other reports for internal stakeholders, including the GIIN Board of Directors, as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on funding activities and priorities of prospective funders.
- Coordinate and lead special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must have excellent writing and project management skills, relationship management experience, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on deadlines. Exposure to development work is highly desired.Other requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required (communications or related degree a plus)
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience demonstrating strong writing and editing skills, organizational skills, and strategic thinking
• Proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize inputs from a variety of stakeholders, to develop compelling narratives
• Experience managing internal or external stakeholder relationships
• Detail-oriented, with a proactive approach to problem-solving and high standards of performance
• Team-oriented, professional, resourceful, flexible and highly responsible
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tool a plus.
• Conviction that for-profit investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Development Senior Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. We are keen to fill this role and will review applications on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN works to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to address social and environmental issues around the world. Now nearly ten years old, we are backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org.