About the Job
AHL Venture Partners is hiring a Portfolio Manager to join our team in East and Southern Africa. In this role, you will be responsible for deal origination, due diligence, deal structuring as well as monitoring and value creation in our existing portfolio. This position is ideal for an outgoing, motivated, detail-oriented professional with 5-7 years of operational or investment experience in the region.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will play a critical role in managing AHL’s impact investment activities in East and Southern Africa. Responsibilities will include:
1. Leading a number of AHL’s investments, particularly within the energy access sector. This includes fulfilling board responsibilities, developing and executing value creation strategies;
2. Sourcing high potential opportunities for new equity, debt and mezzanine investment;
3. Building and executing exit strategies for a number of current AHL investments;
4. Financial modeling, cash flow and operational analysis of AHL investee companies;
5. Building and maintaining a network and relationships with key counterparties in East and Southern Africa.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. 5-7 years of relevant and high quality professional experience in industry, impact investment, private equity or advisory / consultancy;
2. A bachelor degree in business, finance or similar discipline; MBA, CFA or similar designation strongly preferred;
3. Financial modeling and analysis skills;
4. Outstanding analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills;
5. Entrepreneurial mindset and strong executor with a proven history working effectively in small, diverse teams;
6. Experience in energy access is preferable;
7. East African citizenship and prior experience working in East and Southern Africa
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is May 4th, 2018.
AHL Venture Partners (www.ahlvventurepartners.com) is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Abidjan, Ivory Coast. The firm invests in early and growth stage SMEs capable of delivering impact at scale alongside healthy financial returns. AHL’s primary investment themes are financial inclusion, energy access and agriculture. To date, AHL has made 35 investments and committed over $75 million to its portfolio of funds and SMEs across Sub-Saharan Africa.