About the Job
• Legal support on all investment, fund and corporate legal matters onshore and offshore, including:
• Reviewing and commenting on all legal documents entered into by the company and funds advised by it;
• Liaising with and instructing external counsel and service providers; and
• Providing other general day to day legal advice and support to the company.
• ESG support in respect of the implementation and maintenance of the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance Management System (“ESGMS”), including:
• Working closely with the ESG Managers and the investment team to identify ESG risks and opportunities, and ensure compliance with the company’s ESG standards and policies;
• Supporting ESG due diligence on target companies and providing relevant training on ESG matters, in partnership with external consultants if necessary;
• Ensuring legal agreements incorporate ESG matters in compliance with the Firm’s ESG standards and policies;
• Assisting monitoring performance of portfolio companies’ ESG matters;
• Supporting external communication to investors and stakeholders on ESG performance; and
• Providing strategic guidance on ESG issues.
The Qualification Requirements
• Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in law such as LLB, JD and/or LLM from a leading university / school
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the practice of law or in the investment industry with exposures to corporate and M&A transactions and/or ESG standards and regulations – previous experience of private equity or M&A transactions as well as projects in emerging markets with exposures to ESG standards would be advantageous
• Strong fluency in spoken and written English
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proactive and team player a must
• Ability to demonstrate a robust approach to problem solving to deliver effective, holistic and workable solutions
• Demonstrate great attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively, meet tight deadlines and keep composure under pressure
• High degree of intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic (integrity, trustworthiness, professionalism)
• Open to local and international candidates
Delta Capital Myanmar
Delta Capital Myanmar (“Delta Capital”) is a leading Myanmar-focused private equity fund manager. Delta Capital provides growth capital to leading entrepreneurs and businesses active across key growth sectors of Myanmar’s frontier economy.
Delta Capital was formed in 2013. Its first fund, Myanmar Opportunities Fund I, has made five investments and its second fund, Myanmar Opportunities Fund II, has made two investments to date. The company has asset under management of over USD 110 M. Delta Capital has a team of dedicated investment professionals with solid experience in private equity, investment banking, management consulting and legal practice.