About the Job
Analyst will be responsible for the sourcing and due diligence of private fund investments with an ESG/Impact focus. He/she will identify and underwrite attractive private investment opportunities to be presented to the firm’s Investment Committee. The analyst should be comfortable taking a hands on approach to analytical projects and working closely with other team members. Analyst will participate as a member of the firm’s Impact Committee and work with the head of ESG and Impact investing services to further Pathstone’s thought leadership and innovation in the ESG/Impact space. Coverage responsibilities will span traditional private equity to include venture, private credit, and real assets. In addition to due diligence activities, the analyst will be responsible for tracking the universe of potential fund managers and building and maintaining industry relationships. Travel to conduct in person manager interviews and site visits is required.
Successful candidates will be passionate about impact investing, comfortable working in an intellectually curious team culture, communicating investment advice across multiple offices, and working for an innovative client focused firm.
- Bachelor’s degree necessary.
- One‐to‐three years’ related experience.
- Past experience in private manager due diligence and/or sustainability field required.
Must possess the following characteristics:
- Passion for social, environmental, and governance due diligence and familiarity with the field of sustainable investing required;
- Absolute personal and business integrity essential;
- Innate curiosity as well as strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills;
- Creative thinker and unafraid to think differently than consensus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Confident, detail‐oriented, and organized;
- Self‐starter sought, with ability to prioritize tasks in the face of competing demands on time;
- Team player;
- Willingness and desire to travel a must.
An independent family and partner owned advisory firm providing objective advice to families, individuals, family offices and select institutions. With professionals having decades of experience, we employ an advocacy‐focused model that empowers our clients to define and achieve their unique long‐term goals and support their legacy. The firm has a long history of providing integrated family office services and a long‐respected internal third party manager research and due diligence process, and leadership in sustainable and impact investing.