About the Job
Social Finance is looking for a high-performing, self-driven Senior Manager to work in leading our UK Housing Team, whose mission is to increase the supply of good quality housing for vulnerable people. Our work focuses on providing independent financial advisory services to central and local government, charities, social enterprises and social investors. We provide a range of services ranging from business plan development, viability analysis, financial modelling and capital raising.
You will report directly to the Head of our Advisory practice, and will be accountable for sourcing business opportunities, managing projects and colleagues and representing Social Finance to clients.
With the UK facing a ‘Broken Housing Market’ (HM Government, Feb 2017), the opportunity to drive change and deliver impact at scale is significant. Much of our work involves delivering client-facing advisory services, so this would be an ideal opportunity for someone interested in a diversity of consulting work within a non-profit organisation committed to social change.
You should have in depth knowledge of real estate as an asset class, and 6-9 years’ commercial experience in any of the following industry areas: finance & real estate, central & local government, professional services & consultancy.
We expect that you will bring the following values, skills and experience:
• Strategic Direction: You can scope a project accurately and structure the workplan for the team. You can draw out the key insights from data analysis and craft the strategic messaging.
• Leadership & team work: you are able to manage and develop a team of people, including providing them with constructive feedback and coaching them towards their objectives whilst being a part of the team.
• Technical Skills: you have solid financial and analytical skills.You can create financial models, understand funding structures, property assessment metrics, risk analysis, procurement and legal considerations,. You are able to structure analytical work for others in an effective and efficient manner, and can generate insightful conclusions based on factual data.
• Communication & stakeholder management: you can effectively host external meetings and are able to anticipate your audience’s concerns, facilitate decision making and build credibility within and outside Social Finance.
• Project management: you are confident in your ability to structure projects, prioritise and plan your own work streams, delegate areas of work to others, manage and communicate project progress effectively, identify and mitigate risks, and formulate robust solutions that are consistent with analytical and research findings.
• Commitment to Social Finance: you prize the social and ethical aspects of your work, demonstrate Social Finance’s core values, show personal ownership and accountability over your projects, cope effectively with change, and have a passion for tackling social and development problems.
Personal development is at the heart of the Social Finance offer. Every employee has a range of support in place, a staff member(buddy) to help you settle within the Company, a Line Manager to support you in your career progression and the opportunity for a Mentor to guide your career. We’ll support your development with training, so you can add to your skills or relevant professional qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, Social Finance offers a contributory stakeholder pension scheme, plus an uplift in salary allowance to spend on other benefits. To help you fund your pension, further professional education or childcare vouchers we can offer a salary sacrifice scheme. Social Finance offers childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, bike to work schemes, and Give as you Earn.
Social Finance is a sociable organisation – we regularly schedule office drinks and sporting events. We organise events to raise money for different charities, and many staff members volunteer on a regular basis. We offer plenty of opportunities to get out, meet each other and make a difference by doing something, big or small, for others.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter detailing their interest in working at Social Finance highlighting relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
All candidates should state in their application whether they have the right to work in the UK or require a visa. If you do not explicitly state this your application will not be considered.
Social Finance is a not for profit organisation working in partnership with government, the social sector and the financial community to enable sustainable social impact at scale. We are the leading social investment intermediary and a centre of innovation in addressing social issues in the UK and beyond.
Social Finance brings together deep understanding of a range of complex social issues with financial and analytical rigour to develop sustainable funding models which drive social change. We work across a broad range of challenging issues, including financial inclusion, affordable housing, vulnerable children and young people, recidivism, domestic abuse, health and social care. Overseas, our work in international development includes designing results-based models for issues such as maternal and neonatal health, education, employment and essential household services delivery. Since we started in 2007, Social Finance has catalysed over £100m of social investment to tackle social challenges, and has grown from a team of 2 to 70 people.