About the Job
The GIIN seeks part-time administrative support (minimum of 10 hours per week)—to begin as early as mid-March. The position will support the GIIN’s Membership team.
The GIIN’s Membership team works directly with a network of more than 260 impact investing practitioners to build the impact investing industry from a practitioner’s perspective. GIIN Members gain access to industry information, tools, and resources to enhance their capacity to make and manage impact investments and connect with one another through virtual and in-person members-only events.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to an eight-person Membership team, including scheduling, tracking and note-taking, maintenance of Salesforce database, and potentially discrete tasks related to Membership team programs. Candidates must have experience managing time-bound tasks and projects, and be organized, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Administrative support to GIIN events, including ensuring materials are printed, name badges prepared, and registrants provided with necessary logistical information,
- Salesforce administration, including data cleaning, adding new members’ data and sourcing additional information as necessary,
- Note-taking and possible email follow-up from meetings with GIIN members,
- Managing the GIIN’s electronic Membership Newsletter – sourcing content from various GIIN teams, editing and formatting, and sending to GIIN membership,
- Drafting and editing of GIIN materials, including powerpoints, memos, and marketing material,
- Discrete projects related to GIIN member work streams (e.g. development of target recruitment lists, desk research on investment funds in individual sectors, etc.).
The Administrative Assistant must have experience managing multiple tasks and projects independently, and be organized, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, and to identify opportunities for streamlining processes
- Capacity to take initiative and work independently and engage with a fast-paced team
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Personable, engaging presence and good humor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Salesforce, PICnet, MailChimp, EventBrite, and/or SurveyMonkey is a plus
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 1, 2018. Please indicate the position you are applying for, as well as your name, in the subject of the e-mail using the following format:
Administrative Assistant: Membership – [Last Name, First Name]
The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to the sector.