About the Job
Flat World Partners is seeking to hire a research intern in its New York office. The role will be responsible for exploring investment trends, investment opportunities, and identifying impact measurement data sources and methodologies for both traditional asset classes and cryptocurrencies. Exceptional research and writing abilities are a must.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching trends in socially responsible investing
- Identifying ways to improve our impact measurement capabilities
- Researching methodologies that assess the social and environmental impact of cryptocurrencies
- Working with senior management to execute on high-level strategy objectives for our advisory services
- Identify and recommend strategic opportunities for the firm
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent research and writing abilities are the only qualifications that are absolutely necessary for this role
- Financial services knowledge/experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interest and/or knowledge in impact investing
- Highly pro-active
- Strong desire to work within a startup environment
- Keen attention to detail
Candidate must have strong knowledge and skills in Excel, PPT, and Word. Candidate must have earned or be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Candidates are encouraged to apply for course credit or stipends from their university or other sources.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, two research-driven writing samples, and three half-hour windows of availability for a phone interview.
Flat World Partners
Flat World Partners is a next generation investment advisory firm, solely focused on Impact Investments. We take a global, active and transparent approach to our investment strategy; seeking out the best in class opportunities that meet the needs of clients. We work alongside your investment team to build customized impact portfolios. We’re constantly talking to the impact market, diligencing managers, products and direct investments to help you drive your business for generations to come.