About the Job
AlphaMundi’s Investment Associate will be based in Colombia (Bogota or Medellin) and actively support the Investment Manager for Latin America (who is based in Washington, DC) with all aspects of the investment process from pipeline sourcing to diligence and investment monitoring. SocialAlpha-Bastion currently has 7 portfolio companies located in Mexico, Ecuador, Peru & Colombia. Frequent travel throughout the region will be required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in all parts of the investment process including but not limited to: conducting detailed market and country analysis, performing due diligence on pipeline companies, preparing investment memos and recommendations, and contributing to investment decisions;
- Help monitor the current investment portfolio, and provide management support to portfolio companies through the holding period to actively manage and mitigate risks;
- Help maintain, prepare, and present detailed investment documentation on the Latin American portfolio companies for AlphaMundi management, the Investment Committee, and the Board;
- Support AlphaMundi activities in the region, and develop strong relations with portfolio and pipeline companies, co-investors, and institutional partners.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 4-year degree in a relevant field (finance, business, economics) with masters degree preferred;
- 2-4 years of financial analysis or investment management experience in SMEs, preferably in Venture Capital;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with an Impact Investing Firm, a Development Finance Institution, a Microfinance Fund or a leading firm in Private Equity, M&A or consulting;
- Strong financial acumen including accounting, valuation skills, and Excel modelling;
- Knowledge and operational experience in microfinance, renewable energy and/or agriculture, and dedication to sustainable development;
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a good aptitude for pro-active communication and transparency, patience and perseverance;
- Entrepreneurial team-player with the ability to work independently in Colombia;
- Being from or living for the last 3+ years in Latin America a requirement;
- Willingness to travel throughout Latin America.
To apply for this position please submit both a resume and cover letter to Lisa Willems at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018. Please title the documents lastname.firstname_resume and lastname.firstname_cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please list 3 business references in your resume.
AlphaMundi Group Ltd (www.alphamundi.ch) is an impact investing firm established in 2008 and headquartered in Switzerland, with additional offices in Nairobi and Washington DC. AlphaMundi is fully dedicated to Impact Investing, with a focus on poverty reduction and environmental preservation in developing countries.
AlphaMundi invests in innovative early- and growth-stage businesses with high social and/or environmental impact through its impact debt fund SocialAlpha-Bastion. Since 2009, AlphaMundi has invested more than USD 35M in 30 social businesses across 15 countries in Latin America and East Africa, and maintained positive annual returns on the fund’s invested portfolio since inception.
AlphaMundi has also established a non-profit foundation (www.alphamundifoundation.org) headquartered in Washington, DC, to support social businesses from its portfolio and pipeline with impact measurement and technical assistance activities related to governance and management systems, financial planning and fundraising, supply and distribution.