About the Job
CelsiusPro is mandated to manage the Technical-Assistance facility of the InsuResilience Investment Fund (IIF, www.insuresilienceinvestment.fund) The Fund promotes the design and implementation of climate-risk insurance schemes in developing countries, by providing debt and equity along with technical assistance to (re-)insurers and companies in the insurance value-chain such as MFIs, agro-businesses and weather-service companies. The specific objective of the Fund is to reduce the vulnerability of low-income households and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) to extreme weather events.
The German Development Bank KfW set up IIF in 2015 and appointed Blue Orchard (investment) in partnership with CelsiusPro (technical assistance) to manage the Fund.
To serve the needs of the Fund’s investees in terms of technical assistance, we are looking to recruit an insurance/business-development associate to join our IIF team at CelsiusPro.
You are interested/have had prior experience in emerging & frontier markets, insurance (preferably micro or mass-market insurance), and (early-stage) business development.
You will support the development of consulting-service packages for climate related impact-insurance schemes in developing countries.
Your tasks will include:
- contributing to the analysis, development and articulation of business concepts and technical-assistance projects
- participating in negotiations on the scope and content of technical assistance with multiple stakeholders
- drafting contracts and other documents
- conducting tenders for consulting services
- sourcing of and liaising with consultants
- monitoring projects and reporting
- supporting the entire life cycle of an investment with technical assistance
Candidates must have Swiss or EU citizenship or a Swiss work permit.
We look for:
- 3-5 years of prior work experience
- in insurance
- as paralegal with exposure to contracting
- in international business-development or relationship management
- in development co-operation
- business acumen
- prior exposure to insurance and/or emerging markets and/or inclusive finance
- strong inter-personal skills and ability to establish rapport with clients and partners from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- excellent communication skills in English and Spanish (full proficiency); French is an asset
You are a self-starter, passionate, and a team player with strong inter-personal skills and analytical capabilities. You can work independently as well as in teams. You are solution and results oriented with the ability to deliver in a structured and timely manner.
We offer a dynamic and international work environment. If you are open to a new exciting challenge, please send us your application (motivation letter and CV) by email until March 11, 2018. Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.
CelsiusPro, a Zurich based company, is specialised in providing technology to structure, execute and administer parametric solutions across the world, to mitigate the financial impact of adverse weather, climate change and natural catastrophes.