About the Job
Impact Amplifier offers a unique opportunity to exceptional individuals with a demonstrated interest in business strategy and entrepreneurship. In Cape Town, fellows are immersed in the dynamic and rapidly evolving field of impact investing while gaining a keen awareness of how the industry functions both in the Southern African context as well as on a global scale.
The opportunity offers participants:
- Responsibilities and projects tailored to individual qualifications, background and
- A chance to support early stage impact entrepreneurs through Impact Amplifier’s
investment readiness curriculum with the goal to develop a thorough investment
case for funding
- Direct client interaction and project ownership
- Exposure to different deals at varying stages
While the fellowship is unpaid, Impact Amplifier aims to ensure that a fellow’s experience on our team is challenging, highly individualised, fully immersive and well rounded.
The Impact Amplifier Fellowship is open to individuals who have completed a Masters or Doctorate as well as a number of years relevant work experience. Fellows are usually 28 years or older and have qualifications or experience in business management, sustainable development, international or public relations, finance and/or economics as well as the following qualities:
- Strong and proven business development and strategy background;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Financial modelling experience a bonus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English);
- Demonstrated knowledge of social enterprise, impact investing and small business incubation is highly advantageous;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Grit, courage, adaptability and perseverance; and
- Acceptance of the unpaid fellowship opportunity with a minimum commitment of 3 months.
We are currently recruiting and accept South African and international fellows year
round. Applicants must be received no less than one month before the proposed start date.
Once an application has been reviewed, you will be asked to submit an essay to give
us a sense of who you are, what you are passionate about and how the Impact
Amplifier Fellowship will further your growth and development. Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted for a remote 30 minute interview.
Visit our website to learn more or to apply: http://www.impactamplifier.co.za/fellowship-opportunities/
- Impact Amplifier* is a Cape Town based advisory firm focused on supporting the social enterprise and impact investment ecosystem in Southern Africa. Our work includes:
- Social Enterprise Acceleration: Investment Readiness, Capital Raising, and Post Investment Support;
- Impact Investment: Deal Sourcing, Impact Assessment, Monitoring and Reporting;
- Ethical Supply Chains: Supports larger companies to enhance their social and or environmental impact by developing more inclusive supply chains; and
- Entrepreneur, Investment and Ecosystem Research.