About the Job
The Cambridge Associates MRI Practice is dedicated to assisting clients in the broad area of mission-related investing, which involves developing and implementing strategies in the areas of environmental, social, and governance investing as well as impact investing. The MRI Practice completes extensive due diligence on fund managers across asset classes and identifies the best ideas for clients.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Investment Analyst to support the MRI Practice. The Investment Analyst will conduct research across the spectrum of mission-related investing and support investment teams as needed. The Investment Analyst will focus on three responsibilities: (1) support the development of the MRI Practice through operational, analytical, and research support; (2) research MRI managers across asset classes in coordination with the MRI Research Investment Directors; (3) and work directly with investment teams to build and monitor clients’ MRI portfolios.
- Participate in investment manager research meetings and prepare written commentary for use by investment directors and clients.
- Provide analytical support to MRI Research Investment Directors, which includes quantitative research projects and investment due diligence reports as assigned.
- Develop and/or gather exhibits for use in presentation materials to clients, using both internal and external databases and resources.
- Assist with developing and maintaining internal content related to mission-related investing, which could include business development and training materials.
- Work on special projects, such as published research reports and PowerPoint presentations, which enhance Cambridge Analysts’ knowledge of various mission-related investing topics.
- Serve as a resource to investment management teams seeking current information on mission-related investment opportunities.
- Interact with representatives of client institutions to complete requests, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in investments and capital markets
- Familiarity with and keen interest in mission-related investing/sustainability topics strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and under time pressure
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple concurrent, competing requests, while ensuring their integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Cambridge Associates was founded in the early 1970s to assist nonprofit institutions with the investment of their endowment assets. Today, we provide investment management, financial planning and proprietary investment research to over 1000 clients including nonprofit institutions, private clients (families), pension plans, and other large institutional investors. The firm advises on all asset categories, including equities, credit, hedge funds, real assets, and private equity investments. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process and create custom portfolios to meet each client’s investment objectives. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Cambridge Associates has a staff of more than 1,100 professionals, including 200 Investment Directors and 150 Investment Associates, based in 11 offices located in Beijing, Boston, Dallas, London, San Francisco, New York City, Singapore, Sydney, and Washington DC. We select our employees with great attention to their potential to become valuable members of a collegial, intelligent and hard-working team.