About the Job
AlphaMundi is growing its assets under management and plans to hire an Investment Manager in based in Colombia in the second quarter of 2018. The new Manager will work closely with the Washington DC-based Latin American Manager in all aspects of the investment process from pipeline sourcing to diligence and investment monitoring. Current portfolio companies are located in Mexico, Ecuador, Peru & Colombia. Frequent travel throughout the region will be required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Conducting detailed market and country analysis, performing due diligence on pipeline companies, preparing investment memos and recommendations, and contributing to investment decisions;
• Monitor part of the current investment portfolio, and provide management support to portfolio companies through the holding period in order to help them manage and mitigate risks;
• Help maintain, prepare, and present detailed investment documentation on the Latin American portfolio companies for AlphaMundi management, the Investment Committee, and the Board;
• Support AlphaMundi activities in the region, and develop strong relations with portfolio and pipeline companies, co-investors, and institutional partners.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Master degree in Finance, Business and/or Economics.
• At least 6 years investment management experience in SMEs, preferably in Venture Capital;
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience with an Impact Investing Firm, a Development Finance Institution, a Microfinance Fund or a leading firm in Private Equity, M&A or consulting;
• Strong financial acumen including financial analysis, accounting, valuation skills, and Excel modelling;
• Knowledge and operational experience in microfinance, renewable energy and/or agriculture, and dedication to sustainable development;
• Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish;
• Strong interpersonal skills with a good aptitude for pro-active communication and transparency, patience and perseverance;
• Entrepreneurial team-player with the ability to work independently in Colombia;
• Being from or living for the last 3+ years in Latin America a requirement;
• Willingness to travel throughout Latin America on a regular basis.
To apply for this position please submit both a resume and cover letter to Lisa Willems firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2018. Applications will not be reviewed until January 31st. Please title the documents lastname.firstname_resume and lastname.firstname_cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Only candidates whose background fits the above profile will be contacted for a phone interview.
AlphaMundi Group Ltd (www.alphamundi.ch) is an impact investing firm established in 2008 and headquartered in Switzerland, with additional offices in Nairobi and Washington DC. AlphaMundi is fully dedicated to Impact Investing, with a focus on poverty reduction and environmental preservation in developing countries.
AlphaMundi invests in innovative early- and growth-stage businesses with high social and/or environmental impact through its impact debt fund SocialAlpha-Bastion. Since 2009, AlphaMundi has invested more than USD 35M in 30 social businesses across 15 countries in Latin America and East Africa, and maintained positive annual returns on the fund’s invested portfolio since inception.
AlphaMundi has also established a non-profit foundation (www.alphamundifoundation.org) headquartered in Washington, DC, to support social businesses from its portfolio and pipeline with impact measurement and technical assistance activities related to governance and management systems, financial planning and fundraising, supply and distribution.