About the Job
The Investment Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Investment Research team to spearhead manager search and selection efforts in the public markets. We are looking for a finance-savvy professional with a solid background in finance and investment analysis, as well as familiarity with how public markets operate in the United States and around the world.
As we grow, we are building a team of self-starters and independent specialists who will develop deep expertise in their domain areas and take responsibility for service delivery to a diverse range of impact-focused investors.
The Investment Analyst’s role will include:
Manager Search and Due Diligence
- Lead manager search efforts for clients’ allocation to public markets.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on impact investments in public markets (equities, fixed income and alternatives).
- Prepare diligence reports and presentation materials to be presented to decision-makers.
Investment Management and Reporting
- Reporting (investment and impact) on public investments held in client portfolios.
- Oversee portfolio management function for public investment portfolios.
- Assist with knowledge development in the public markets space – authoring or collaborating on white papers, blog articles, or articles in industry publications.
- Develop sector landscapes and other educational materials on impact investing in the public markets to assist advisors and clients in understanding the space better.
- Assist with the development of our investor-agnostic platform of vetted investment opportunities.
- Contribute to building investment strategies and portfolio models for specific clients, including assessing their current investments and recommending impact investment solution.
We believe the following skills, experience and attributes are necessary for a successful Investment Analyst candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience working in manager search and selection in the public markets. Alternative experience that provides a strong knowledge of fundamentals of portfolio management in the public markets will also be considered.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of public markets including knowledge of ESG investing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment independently.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of processes and service delivery.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with investment analysis, financial accounting or corporate finance.
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance or related field; advanced degree or CFA preferred.
Finally, we believe that a successful candidate will embody and strongly believe our core values of:
- Equality: We work passionately to serve individuals of great wealth and those that live at the base of the pyramid. We strive for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our staff and for those that ultimately benefit from our services.
- Generosity and Humility: This spirit permits us to approach our work with genuine openness and allows us to be active listeners with our clients, colleagues and thought partners.
- Excellence: We work hard and smart, hold ourselves to a high professional standard, and pride ourselves on our responsive follow through. Going above-and-beyond is the norm.
- Teamwork: We know that we accomplish much more together than we could ever do alone. We trust our teammates, celebrate the wins together, and pick each other up when needed.
- Leadership: We each take the initiative and proactively engage in making this a world class organization and catalyzing the impact investing ecosystem.
Align is completely committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise
Align will provide competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary and annual incentive.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and a writing sample to email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
Launched in 2014, Align serves as an independent and specialized impact advisor to families, foundations, institutional investors and financial advisors. Align creates customized impact strategies, provides investment management services, and guides philanthropic & charitable giving so that its clients can increase the effectiveness and alignment of their grants and investments. Align’s customized impact portfolios aim to deliver the same risk and return as best-in-class globally diversified asset management strategies, all while investing in companies and sectors that are aligned with a client’s values.