About the Job
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical processes that drive our teams and our client work. With a combination of analytical skills and emotional intelligence, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogue with diverse stakeholders in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Lead project teams in disaggregating problems and providing solutions to address them
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage work streams and coach, manage and support junior team members
- Ensure high quality of client deliverables, and lead day-to-day engagement with clients
- Develop investment strategies and identify new opportunities in emerging and frontier markets
- Support the structuring and establishment of new funds anchored by development finance institutions
- Support fund management teams to build investment pipelines and develop fundraising approaches
- Conduct due diligence for institutional and impact investors operating in emerging and frontier markets
- Help build a growing offering that catalyzes investment and bridges gaps between public and private investors
You are a global development leader and believe in the importance of investment in bringing about change. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – supporting organizations that fund change and developing new investment vehicles. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm or within a financial services firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for a Project Manager:
- Master’s in Business Administration, Finance or Policy from a top university with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager at a leading global management consultancy and a top performer throughout tenure; the ideal candidate also brings 2+ years’ experience in financial services, fund management, or other investment advisory setting
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative, with advanced financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of corporate finance and familiarity with company assessment and valuation techniques
- Familiarity with innovative financial products that combine public and private investment, and with structuring financial products across sectors like agriculture, energy, and financial services
- Experience with negotiating terms and facilitating agreements among diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead a team and to perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development and financial inclusion
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
Apply directly at: https://www.dalberg.com/join-our-team/current-openings
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research, our businesses provide high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and governments that are shaping international development. We focus on emerging and frontier markets, tackling topics such as economic development, global health, access to finance, agriculture, energy and the environment, among others. We offer outstanding individuals the opportunity to apply private sector skills to global challenges within an entrepreneurial working environment.