About the Job
Driven by superior research from independent industry and academic experts, Boundless Impact Investing offers the latest analysis, market trends, and evidence of best practices in a growing number of impact investing sectors. We are an advanced consulting firm that enables investors to connect with industry leaders and peers for expert analysis, diverse perspectives, and real-time collaboration. Our market intelligence research and expert advisory services offer sector-specific investment research, social, environmental and economic impact analysis and proprietary access to subject matter experts and other impact investors.
Boundless is recruiting Research Interns to assist in conducting in-depth research, analysis and writing for various research projects to identify and assess impact investment opportunities for publication in our Market Overviews. Research Interns are expected to work with Boundless Staff to produce all research products and should be prepared to work approximately 10-15 hours per week, including one day on-site in Lower Manhattan.
Responsibilities and Duties
Research Interns are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist in identifying and collecting relevant and high-quality market data and published literature for review, and reviewing those publications;
- Research and identify industry experts for interviews;
- Develop questions tailored to each expert's specific area(s) of expertise;
- Schedule interviews with subject matter experts;
- Take detailed notes during phone interviews with experts;
- Maintain a matrix of experts and help identify gaps in expertise;
- Assist in drafting Market Overviews and other knowledge products;
- Maintain all research files, copies of reviewed literature, interview notes and transcriptions, progress updates, paper drafts, and all other files used in developing and executing this projects in an online portal that is accessible by Boundless Staff;
- Submit weekly progress reports; and
- Additional research tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field.
- A demonstrated understanding of finance; experience in impact investing a plus.
- Exceptional research, analytical, and writing skills; experience authoring or co-authoring professional reports for publication is a plus.
- Experience with copy editing.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience conducting phone interviews.
- Ability to complete tasks on tight deadlines and close attention to timelines.
- Flexible time availability for scheduling expert interviews.
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and agile spirit, a sense of humor and easy to work with.
- Ability to work on-site in Lower Manhattan one day per week.
- Ability to work in the United States.
This is a paid hourly internship. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send CV, a brief cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boundless Impact Investing
Boundless Impact Investing is the premier market intelligence platform for impact investors. Driven by superior research from independent sector experts, Boundless offers a private social network to engage experts and share insights with peer investors. Boundless members enjoy access to cutting edge research, a network of world-class experts, and an exclusive social network of like-minded investors.
Boundless is a mission driven start-up. We work with private investors, family offices and foundations to maximize the social and environmental impact of their investments.