About the Job
Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading impact investing network for foundations dedicated to deploying capital for social and environmental change. With 200 members, Mission Investors Exchange leverages its expertise and resources to provide foundations with the education, inspiration, and connections to align more assets to mission. Members rely on Mission Investors Exchange and each other for best practices, new investment opportunities, deal partnerships, and innovations in the practice of impact investing around the world.
A pioneer in the field, Mission Investors Exchange was founded in 2005 by a group of funders interested in new ways to use their capital for impact, including the Annie E. Casey, Ford, George Gund, Heron, MacArthur, David and Lucile Packard, Prudential and Rasmuson Foundations and the Meyer Memorial Trust. The impact investing field is rapidly expanding, and philanthropy’s role in it is becoming increasingly important. More foundations and mission-aligned investors are going beyond traditional grant-making, and utilizing program-related and mission-related investments out of their endowments to tackle the world’s most intractable social and environmental issues.
Over the past year and a half, MIE held its most successful national conference to date and undertook an ambitious strategic planning effort to ensure it continues to enhance its position as the go-to resource provider in this sector. In order to drive greater innovation and investment in the field, MIE is poised to significantly expand its programming and increase its capacity to serve as the hub to its vibrant and growing network.
Learn more about Mission Investors Exchange members and our work at www.missioninvestors.org.
Mission Investors Exchange is seeking an energetic and talented Membership and Program Coordinator to play a key role in MIE by supporting the coordination of membership operations and program development.
A successful Coordinator will:
- Be a key partner in the launch and execution of the annual membership renewal and onboarding campaign, collecting and organizing member data in MIE’s CRM platform, Salesforce
- Contribute to the development of a robust member digital experience, coordinating the backend and ongoing updates of MIE’s new website with membership and program activities
- Enhance the effectiveness of MIE’s core operations by leveraging our CRM and developing other systems and processes to better support members and the team
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- With the Director of Membership Development, support the team in being able to better leverage and access information and analytics related to our membership to continue to improve our capacity to engage them in our mission
- Assist with transactions related to membership renewal and new member onboarding processes, including leveraging Salesforce to increase efficiency and timeliness
- Improve processes, manage timelines, and identify other opportunities to provide the highest level of service for MIE members
- Maintain and keep member-related information up to date, run timely reports, and prepare dashboards in Salesforce
- Support the coordination of internal technology systems, including Salesforce and the integrated, redesigned and rebranded MIE website
- Support the Operations and Fund Development Associate by assisting with grants and sponsorship tracking and reporting
- Help incorporate the grants calendar and manage it through Salesforce, and support the collection of data for grant reporting
- Ensure that grant and sponsorship data and reports are tracked and managed efficiently in our systems as needed
- Support the program team by providing logistics and administrative support as needed, including critical roles as part of the team for MIE’s signature biennial national conference (to be held in May of 2018)
- Manage member lists and relevant member data to ensure the team has up-to-date intelligence on the MIE network in Salesforce
- Work with the team to ensure invitations, announcements, and other communications implemented through Salesforce are reaching the appropriate target audience
- Route member inquiries by phone and email to appropriate staff
- Office management, incl. processing office mail, confirming conference room availability, etc.
- Leverage systems to support a small but growing team that works remotely but collaboratively
- Minimum of three years of professional experience, preferably centered around project management
- Experience leveraging Salesforce and website content management systems to meet organizational goals and leverage and manage organizational data
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple work-streams with established timelines, to proactively anticipate project needs and deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Sharp analytical skills with the ability to assess situations quickly, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- Effective communication skills, able to convey ideas in a clear, compelling, and concise manner, both verbally and in writing
- A customer service mindset and strong interpersonal skills for all interactions, the ability to interact with a small team and our members on complex assignments and assist and support wherever needed in order to maximize member satisfaction.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity with an enthusiasm for working on a small team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with a willingness to learn other tools as needed
- Commitment to Mission Investors Exchange’s mission, and deep interest and/or experience in impact investing, philanthropy, or membership organizations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, both in Word format, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, and addressed to Nhadine Leung.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Mission Investors Exchange seeks to drive social change in an increasingly multicultural country and globally connected world. MIE values diverse experiences and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission. As an equal opportunity employer, MIE encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination.
About Commongood Careers
Mission Investors Exchange has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for Membership and Program Coordinator. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 800 searches at 300 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.