About the Job
Africa Empowerment Fund (AEF) invests in African SMEs. As Senior Investment Officer of the fund, you will originate and execute deals. The position is based in Accra or Nairobi, with frequent travel throughout the region. In your function, you will report directly to the CEO.
The Senior Investment Officer will be part of AEF’s core management team, closely involved in AEF’s strategic development, governance, risk management and reporting to the Board of Directors and funders.
- Source, screen and structure deals
- Manage post-deal monitoring and value creation
- Manage relationship with portfolio companies (including board positions)
- Risk identification, measurement, mitigation and monitoring
- Manage investment portfolio
- Execute exists from existing portfolio
- Manage relationships with stakeholders (clients, investors, partners)
- Represent fund at industry events
Candidate must possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience (corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking, lending, microfinance, etc)
- Operational/entrepreneurial experience a strong plus
- A passion for impact investment
- Team orientation, intellectual curiosity and ambiguity resolution
- Africa experience and fluency in relevant regional languages (eg. French, Swahili, etc) is a plus
- An MBA or a graduate degree in economics or another relevant field
To apply send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Africa Empowerment Fund
Africa Empowerment Fund is a social impact fund that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Sub-Saharan Africa, with priority given to youth and female-owned businesses. The fund makes equity and quasi-equity investments in companies in nine countries in Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Benin, Ivory Coast and Senegal) across a broad spectrum of businesses, including agribusiness, ICT, renewable energy and non-bank financial intermediaries.
AEF is an equal-opportunity employer.