About the Job
Africa Empowerment Fund (AEF) invests in African SMEs. As Business Development Officer of the fund, you will be responsible for general management tasks which include strategic planning, communications, branding, product development, investor relations, compliance, impact measurement, management reporting as well as other tasks required to support the fund’s management team in executing its strategic plans. The position is based in Accra or Nairobi, with frequent travel throughout the region. In your function, you will report directly to the COO.
- Formulate strategic plan
- Develop marketing, communications and branding initiatives
- Provide general management leadership
- Manage relationships with stakeholders (clients, investors, partners)
- Represent fund at industry events
- Serve on boards of portfolio firm
Candidate must possess the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience (strategy, management reporting, project management, investor relations, marketing, communications, branding, FP&A, impact measurement, compliance, risk management and governance, etc)
- Origination, credit and risk management skills a plus
- Operational/entrepreneurial experience a strong plus
- A passion for impact investment
- Team orientation, intellectual curiosity and ambiguity resolution
- Africa experience and fluency in relevant regional languages (eg. French, Swahili, etc) is a plus
- Graduate degree in relevant field (MBA a plus)
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Africa Empowerment Fund
Africa Empowerment Fund is a social impact fund that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Sub-Saharan Africa, with priority given to youth and female-owned businesses. The fund makes equity and quasi-equity investments in companies in nine countries in Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Benin, Ivory Coast and Senegal) across a broad spectrum of businesses, including agribusiness, ICT, renewable energy and non-bank financial intermediaries.
AEF is an equal-opportunity employer.