About the Job
We are looking for:
An Associate who will actively support to Head of Investment Pipeline in the management of the company’s core business investment pipeline
(microfinance fixed income) on the Latin American market. The position is at the center of the investment process, providing all required support to prepare and consolidate the investment pipeline, prepare investment proposals to clients and monitor the approval process. The position involves daily contacts with investment analysts based in regional offices and with portfolio managers/investment advisors.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, with reporting line to the Investment Pipeline Team. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Investment proposals : prepare proposals and follow up the internal validation process
- Transactions: post transactions for clients on our on-line platform, run investment compliance check, liaise between fund managers and investment analysts regarding progress of the transaction approval and closing.
- Pipeline projections: In cooperation with Pipeline managers and Investment Managers, consolidate 12 months pipeline projections for all regions.
- Prepare Term-sheets whenever required.
- Support in tasks related to reporting, preparing monthly and ad-hoc management reporting.
- Participate to the publication and editing of transaction teasers.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is sales oriented, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- University degree, preferably in an international management or finance related field
- Good working knowledge of impact investment and the microfinance sector
- At least 3 years of work experience in the microfinance investment sector in Latin America and a good knowledge of the local markets
- Sales attitude
- Capacity to understand and adapt to clients’ needs
- Fluent written and spoken English, Spanish and French. Portuguese would be a plus but not essential
- Work permit for Switzerland (Swiss or EU citizens)
Please send us your resume and cover letter via our careers page: https://symbiotics.workable.com/jobs/581039/candidates/new
Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City and Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 2.3 billion in more than 250 microfinance institutions in 50 emerging countries, working with more than 28 investment funds and many institutional investors.