About the Job
We are looking for:
An experienced Asset allocation specialist and macro analyst who will report to the Senior forex advisor in the project management and support to the office.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, with reporting line to the Head of Investment Operations. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Work on FX and macro development project
- Develop an asset allocation analysis model optimized for portfolio management in microfinance
- Support FX team in daily tasks
- Performing currency FX hedging evaluation
- Produce macro and currency analysis of country reports (with a focus on India, Caucasus and Central Asia)
We are looking for a dynamic person who is sales oriented, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Business, International Affairs or other relevant fields such as International Economics, Social Science.
- Professional experience in the areas of emerging markets, financial modelling, asset allocation , and market research
- Demonstrated strong quantitative skills and knowledge of investment- related statistic (Stata)
- Strong interest and knowledge and experience in Microfinance with a background of FX related modelling
- Good understanding of currency mechanics in Central Asia and the Indian subcontinent
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative within a given frame
- Interpersonal skills, team spirit and good sense of human psychology
- Discretion, high respect of confidentiality and flexibility are key
- Fluency in English (written and verbal). Additional languages such as Central Asian or Indian languages would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please send us your resume and cover letter via our careers page: https://symbiotics.workable.com/jobs/583872/candidates/new
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City and Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 2.3 billion in more than 250 microfinance institutions in 50 emerging countries, working with more than 28 investment funds and many institutional investors.