About the Job
We are looking for:
An Impact Measurement Assistant who will support the research team in the implementation of an Impact Measurement Study.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, with reporting line to the Research Team Leader. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Contribute to the development of Impact measurement at Symbiotics with the objective to measure employment and growth of the SMEs which the company finances
- Contribute to the development of a database through the collection and storage of information linked to the above mentioned methodology, and to the development of collection processes and coordination with local intermediaries
- Contribute to the information collection effort within selected target markets
- Contribute to the creation, production and dissemination of a report
- Create the documentation to support the communication, promotion and dissemination of this initiative
- Strategically engage with internal and external clients to support impact measurements
- Support the on-going development and analysis of social performance indicators & tools
- Monitor and advise on external trends in impact measurements and make recommendations for new concepts and solutions
We are looking for a dynamic person who is autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree in International Economics, Social Science, Public Policy, International Affairs or other relevant fields.
- Professional experience in the areas of monitoring, impact measurement, data analytics in private/public/non-profit sectors
- Demonstrated experience with inclusive business/social business/impact investing/market-based approaches to development
- Strong interest and knowledge and experience in implementing impact measurement
- Demonstrated experience with data collection, database management and development of impact measurement methodology into a scalable tools
- Knowledge of Stata
- Knowledge of data collection software such as SurveyToGo and Survey CTO
- Highly proactive, with developed organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) presentation and written skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative within a given frame
- Interpersonal skills & team spirit
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please send us your resume and cover letter via our careers page: https://symbiotics.workable.com/jobs/583859/candidates/new
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City and Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 2.3 billion in more than 250 microfinance institutions in 50 emerging countries, working with more than 28 investment funds and many institutional investors.