About the Job
As our Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&E), you will work directly with our Platform team, and coordinate all necessary M&E activities on the services offered by Alterna to entrepreneurs.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and strengthen the activities of data collection of our entrepreneurs, through surveys, interviews and data controls.
- Optimize flows and technical management of information through internal platforms and tools.
- Conduct evaluation reports for internal information and external communication, based on an in-depth statistical analysis of key metrics, identification of correlations and trends, and elaboration of projections.
- Strengthen the processes of analysis of the needs of our entrepreneurs throughout their career.
- Design and execute a strategy to measure the impact of cultivated enterprises, including conducting training workshops on impact measurement, collecting business indicators and producing impact reports.
- Strengthen the processes of evaluation of satisfaction of the cultivated entrepreneurs and evaluate the contribution of the intervention of Alterna in the performance of the companies.
- You will work with a young and passionate team, and benefits from a high professional projection and exposure in the ecosystem of social entrepreneurship and impact investment.
- The position is based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, with possible trips to Guatemala City and other places in the country.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT & COMPENSATION
- The level of remuneration will be discussed according to your profile and level of experience, with the possibility of annual increase according to budget and performance.
- The contracting will be carried out under the consultancy modality for a period of 34 months, through a contract signed with Alterna.
- You can find the full Terms of Reference for the post in our website.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, statistics or career in economics, – having a Master's degree is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation (processes of data collection, analysis and reporting, and/or technical database management, within the framework of a public or private organization).
- Previous experience in direct work with small and medium enterprises is desirable.
- Experience in measurement and evaluation of economic, social and environmental impact is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Office Suite, especially in Excel.
- Knowledge of at least one data management software and / or statistical analysis (CRM software, R, STATA, SPSS, etc.).
- Fluency in Spanish and English (verbal and writing).
- Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context – Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Effective communicator and positive influencer.
- Change-driver with a “can do” mindset, adaptable and creative out of the box thinker with a learning attitude.
Send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application soon!
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context. Using a methodology, which has been created the last 5 years based on hands-on experience with social enterprises and entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has cultivated over 700 local entrepreneurs through its different “cultivation programs™” (business support, training and consulting services).