About the Job
The Access to Medicine Foundation is looking for an Investor Engagement Manager to oversee our growing interactions with investors and ensure the materiality of our findings for the investment community. The Investor Engagement Manager will coordinate the Foundation’s existing activities with investors and assist in the development of new initiatives.
- Managing the Foundation’s everyday relationship with signatory investors
- Coordinating investors’ engagements with companies to promote good practice across the pharmaceutical sector
- Ensuring continued participation of investors during all phases of methodology development, data collection, data analysis and Index publication
- Drafting and/or editing reports for internal use by staff or relevant investor groups
- Promoting our research within the investment community, including writing blog posts and opinion pieces
- Reaching out to new asset owners and asset managers to enlarge the Foundation’s base of signatory investors
- Conducting research on investors’ practices and documenting new evidence of the materiality of access to medicine in emerging markets
- Working together with signatory investors and experts to develop ESG integration approaches related to access to medicine in emerging markets
- Speaking and representing the Foundation’s at industry events, seminars and conferences
- Mapping out emerging collaborations and building relationships with leading organisations, including other ranking and standard-setting initiatives
- At least 4-year work experience, preferably in the field of investing
- Substantial expertise in how ESG issues can impact investment performance, in particular with respect to the pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with Bloomberg terminals, qualitative and quantitative financial research, and valuation/portfolio management techniques
- Good network of contacts among asset owners, asset managers and investment
- Excellent English speaker
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus, but speaking Dutch is not a requirement * Strong verbal communications skills * Ability to draft written materials to a professional standard with minimal review * Eye for details and structured approach to work * Confident manner in dealing with senior business professionals
Interested candidates should send (1) a CV, (2) two references and (3) one writing sample to Mireille Deen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Medicine Foundation
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam. Our mission is to stimulate and guide pharmaceutical companies to do more for the 2 billion people worldwide who cannot access the
medicine they need.
The core pillar of our work is analysing and comparing how pharmaceutical companies address the availability, affordability and accessibility of their products in low- and middle-income countries. We benchmark companies against each other, and identify best practices and progress gaps. To turn our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including companies, governments, investors and NGOs. Our main research programmes in the next two years are the 2018 Access to Medicine Index and the first-ever Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark.
Up to July 2017, more than 60 investors (collectively managing assets of $5.6 trillion) have signed our investor statement and committed to using the Index in their investment analysis and engagement with companies. According to the most recent GlobeScan/SustainAbility survey of sustainability experts, the Access to Medicine Index is one the three most credible ESG ratings in the world. Numerous international leaders have expressed their support to our innovative approach.