About the Job
Forsyth Street is seeking a motivated self-starter to become an integral member of the firm’s Loan Fund & Asset Management division. Through this division, Forsyth has become an industry leader in creating social impact investment funds for municipal, philanthropic, and investor clients. These have provided capital for preservation and production of affordable housing in major U.S. cities, renewable energy investments, and energy retrofits in residential and commercial properties. Based on client needs, Forsyth assesses market need, develops the fund structure, raises capital, and is frequently retained to manage daily fund operations.
Primary responsibilities for the position will include review of loan requests; preparation of credit proposals; loan servicing and portfolio management; and staff support for capital raises, investor reporting, and loan product development. Duties will likely cross over several funds.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits including health insurance.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of related job experience in a lending capacity, primarily in the affordable housing or community development sector.
- Excellent quantitative, spreadsheet, and financial analytical skills.
- Strong writing and digital presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills in a highly interactive team setting, with a broad range of public, private, and non-profit sector clients.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Highly-qualified candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State and New York City and California affordable housing programs.
- Graduate degree in related field.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forsyth Street is a New York City-based asset management, real estate and financial advisory firm founded in 2003. The firm has three primary lines of business:
- Asset Management – Forsyth Street has developed, capitalized, and currently manages several industry-leading investment funds and utility-scale renewable energy partnerships.
- Financial Advisory – Forsyth Street provides a suite of financial advisory services, including product and program design, underwriting, capital sourcing, and assistance with the issuance of municipal debt.
- Real Estate Development – Forsyth Street provides independent advisory services for real estate and affordable housing developers, including assistance with site selection, feasibility and market analysis, capital sourcing and transaction execution.
The firm currently has seventeen employees with backgrounds in real estate and affordable housing development, tax credit syndication, public service, municipal finance, and conventional lending. Since its formation, Forsyth Street has completed over $4 billion in principal amount of transaction volume. The firm works with a diverse range of clients, including public agencies and units of government, for-profit and non-profit real estate developers, philanthropies, investment banks, institutional investors, private lenders, and community development financial institutions.
Forsyth Street is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer.