About the Job
Are you interested in jump starting your career in Impact Investing? Apply for the IDEX Global Fellows Program (January to June 2018)
IDEX Accelerator was incubated under Gray Matters Capital, an Atlanta based Impact investing firm, with the objective of developing a pipeline of human capital that is professionally trained to work in impact investing and the social enterprise sector. IDEX Fellows undergo six months of leadership and business development training by working full-time for social enterprises (including some of the world’s top impact investing firms) across India.
Some of the impact investing firms we have partnered with include Unitus Capital, Unitus Impact, Gray Matters Capital, Village Capital, Ankur Capital, Accion, BE Fund, Aarogya Finance, Indian School Finance Company etc. A complete list of our partners can be found on our website www.idexaccelerator.com.
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR?
We are searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space. We are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations.
- Monthly stipend
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Monthly capacity building workshops
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors
- A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Post-fellowship support and Alumni network opportunities
IDEX is a tuition-based fellowship program, however, through funding from generous sponsors, IDEX is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships to select candidates for use towards program tuition. However, early birds will get preferred payment plans.
IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
- Apply Online at www.idexaccelerator.com
- Applications Open – July 25, 2017
- Application Deadline – September 30, 2017
- Early Bird Application Deadline – August 20, 2017
- Fellowship Start Date – January 2, 2018
- Fellowship End Date – June 22, 2018
IDEX Accelerator & Global Fellows Program
In 2010, Gray Matters Capital launched the IDEX Accelerator, a professional Fellowship program for aspiring social enterprise practitioners. We have since transformed from a pilot project of 10 fellows to a global initiative with 300+ alumni. Read more at www.idexaccelerator.com