About the Job
DWM is seeking an Analyst for its Latin America private equity team who will join a team of finance professionals aiming to deliver both commercial rate financial returns and powerful social benefits. The Analyst will work closely with the Latin America Director to originate new transactions, actively manage portfolio investments, and execute exit transactions.
The role requires extensive travel for due diligence and board and shareholder relations. The position will be based initially in Stamford, CT, and New York City, and may be relocated to Latin America depending on the company’s needs and the analyst’s career desires.
A career with DWM will place you at the forefront of a global effort to create investible solutions to meet the social and financial needs of the developing world. For more information please visit our website: http://www.dwmarkets.com
- Assist in executing private equity transactions
- Prepare and present detailed investments memorandums
- Assist in the drafting of transaction documents and review of legal documentation
- Participate in due diligence trips abroad to assess potential portfolio companies
- Support ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies
- Prepare quarterly reports for fund investors
- Interact with the risk, fund management, debt and capital markets teams on equity transactions
- Manage Special Projects as necessary
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish and English. (Non-Spanish speakers will not be considered)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in private equity, M&A or investment banking, preferably with a focus on Latin America
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Commitment to social impact
- Financial sector experience is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to: Hunter Martin firstname.lastname@example.org; cc Brad Swanson (email@example.com)
Developing World Markets
Developing World Markets (DWM) is a for-profit, socially responsible fund manager specializing in microfinance and other forms of financial inclusion. DWM has invested $1.3 billion in debt or equity in over 140 financial institutions across more than 40 developing countries. The Private Equity team consists of seven professionals, manages approx. $100 million, is currently investing its second fund and preparing for its third fund.