About the Job
We are currently searching for Associates for either our San Francisco or Boston location. Opportunities exist for associates to contribute to a variety of the firm’s offerings, including pipeline development, deal origination and execution, performance management, and advisory services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching social issue areas and interventions under consideration for Social Impact Bond (SIB) applications. In addition to conducting both qualitative and quantitative research from secondary resources, associates may also conduct interviews by phone and/or in person
- Conducting due diligence on potential non-profit service providers
- Analyzing the potential net savings and value created and model the cash flows and potential returns of the social impact bond
- Collaborating with the team to execute offerings, including assisting on the drafting and editing of deal terms and structuring, supporting the syndication process
- Assisting in monitoring the performance of non-profit providers once a SIB has been deployed and collaborate with non-profits to ensure they meet target outcomes. Collaborate with outside evaluation firms to identify and measure key performance outcomes
- Supporting senior management and Social Finance team as needed
- Additional areas of work may include: grant applications management, board communications, and development of marketing materials
We are looking for an entrepreneurial professional who has the flexibility and aptitude to take on additional duties that senior management deems appropriate. Candidate must have:
- 2+ years of experience in a role with significant analytical responsibility (e.g. management consulting, investment banking, corporate rotational programs, policy analysis)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; basic statistical knowledge and comfort with corporate finance required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; the ability to deliver quantitative and qualitative data in a compelling way; ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons on unfamiliar topics
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously; willingness to constructively express contrary points of view and seek consensus among strong, independent thinkers
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work closely with stakeholders across multiple sectors
- Capacity to work independently while contributing to team projects as appropriate
- Sense of humor and flexibility to regularly incorporate the feedback of others into work processes
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, including financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of key issues in effective nonprofit management, social interventions, and/or impact investing (e.g. academic coursework, consulting projects, volunteer work, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com (Subject line: Associate, Boston OR Associate, San Francisco). Review of applications will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Social Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.
Social Finance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to thrive, and that social impact financing can play a catalytic role in creating these opportunities. We design and manage public-private partnerships that tackle complex social challenges, such as achievement gaps, health disparities, and prisoner recidivism.
Core to our work is the development of Pay for Success financing, also referred to as Social Impact Bonds. An innovative funding model, Pay for Success helps to measurably improve the lives of people in need by driving government resources toward better, more effective programs. Our sister organization, Social Finance UK, was founded in 2007 and launched the world’s first Social Impact Bond in 2010.
Social Finance partners with governments, nonprofits, foundations, impact investors, and financial institutions to create innovative financing solutions to improve social outcomes. In the Pay for Success and Social Impact Bond market, our Advisory Services, Social Investment, and Active Performance Management teams support all phases of work, tailored to the needs of our partners. We are focused on developing a strong Pay for Success field through market education, publications, events, research and analysis.