About the Job
In this position you will be a senior member of our Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS) team based in Bogotá (Colombia), leading GLAS’s business development strategy and program management in the Latin America (LATAM) region. In this pivotal role, you will lead the expansion of key client relationships that represent opportunities to implement Accion’s strategy in the financial inclusion landscape. You will be also providing advice on digital strategy and other business related areas for our partners and for a wide range of financial service providers (FSPs), building relationships with them, and overseeing the development and implementation of our advisory services.
En esta posición, el Director será responsable de liderar el equipo de Soluciones de Asesoría Global (GLAS) de Accion en Latinoamérica, con el fin de desarrollar nuevos negocios para la región en línea con la estrategia y gerenciar los programas de la región. En este role, se encargara de la expansión de las relaciones con potenciales partners clave que representen oportunidades de implementar la estrategia de Accion en el ámbito de inclusión financiera. Asi mismo, asesorará a nuestros socios y proveedores de servicios financieros (FSPs) en el desarrollo e implementación de estrategias digitales en las diferentes áreas del negocio.
In this position you will be leading the GLAS regional strategy focusing on identifying and supporting demonstration models that decrease cost and improve quality of financial services for the underbanked at scale. This will entail developing and maintaining partnerships with relevant organizations in the financial inclusion landscape such as financial institutions, fintech companies, technology providers, government organizations, and others that can leverage Accion’s advisory services to deliver on our strategy. The focus of GLAS’ business development includes commercial financial sector players interested to develop and/or expand digital financial products and services to better serve the underbanked.
- Identify and pursue opportunities with current and new partners for deploying Accion’s advisory support in core service offering areas, with particularly focus on those with potential to be demonstration models for serving the underbanked.
- Build deep relationships with regional vendors, including fintech companies, which may serve as implementation partners for our FSP clients.
- Grow Accion’s regional network in order to attract a wide array of human and financial resources.
- Oversee the development and presentation of project proposals to clients and/or donors, including support to overall scope development, pricing and negotiation.
- Identify and pursue new funding relationships in the region, in coordination with Resource Development.
- Advise and support our investment officers during due diligences in the region when required, and provide them with a technical point of view on potential deals.
- Actively participate in conferences, discussion forums, and other knowledge sharing and networking spaces to promote Accion and be a thought leader for the LATAM region.
- Propose new, creative and impactful ideas to implement Accion’s strategy in the region.
LATAM PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND ADVISORY SERVICES
- As the Program Manager in the LATAM region, you will be responsible for managing, supervising and supporting the implementation of the GLAS service offerings.
- Act as the senior strategic advisor to GLAS clients and provide advice in the delivery of digitally based, data driven, client centered financial products and services, with the goal of improving efficiency, reducing cost and increasing scale for Accion’s partners.
- Provide advice in the design, modeling, and evaluation of the different initiatives proposed by technical teams, articulating potential partnerships with other organizations or providers, and facilitating strategic decision-making and high impact deliverables.
- Provide technical support to clients in your area(s) of expertise.
- Working closely with project managers, ensure projects are staffed, funded, monitored and controlled to ensure successful deliverable completion.
- Ensure project outputs and learnings are shared across the department throughout and at the close of each project.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- As a senior member of the team, you will contribute to the overall strategy and operation of GLAS and will ensure it is implemented in the region in the most impactful and scalable way.
- Provide coaching and management of the GLAS project teams that operate in the LATAM region.
- Set objectives for the region and the regional team in line with overall GLAS objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback on progress against objectives.
- Identify development needs of your team and develop the team’s capacity where needed.
- Identify skill gaps within the region and develop a strategy to fill the gaps, including recruitment of new team members as well as building a deep roster of regional consultants to complement Accion’s advisory services.
- Generally 12 years’ relevant experience in financial services gained through working with and/or advising financial services providers, and 3 years of experience in digital technology for financial services.
- Master’s degree in relevant area, MBA preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial technologies with a technology background and the capacity to provide strategic advice to FSPs on digital and technology related decisions.
- Solid network in the financial services field with deep understanding of the LATAM market.
- Proven ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems quantitatively and/or qualitatively and make and be able to influence sound decisions based on available information.
- Extensive project management skills and a proven ability to manage and coach teams.
- Proven client business development/sales and proven negotiating experience.
- Ability to travel at least 30% regionally and internationally.
- Must speak and write fluent English & Spanish.
Apply directly through our Career Center at:
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.