About the Job
As an Associate in I-DEV’s Latin America regional headquarters, you will:
- Work directly with I-DEV’s local and global teams, as well as have frequent and direct exposure to I-DEV Global Partners on active assignments, both with the Insight & Strategy and Investment Advisory Groups, gaining broad exposure to emerging market investment, impact investing and international development sectors;
- Provide support & lead in compiling proposals and pitches to potential clients;
- May have an opportunity to periodically travel for projects throughout the region and globally.
At I-DEV, we seek to hire and train the next emerging markets and global leaders focused on high-impact business solutions, and to share critical insights developed through our work. We seek world travelers, adventurers and game changers who believe anything is possible and that we can make it happen. Our teams are lean, yet not afraid to go above and beyond or get our hands dirty to uncover the best solutions for our clients.
Core Qualifications for Associates:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in management consulting and/or venture capital, private equity or impact investing
- Proficient in financial modeling and cost/benefit analysis; strong quantitative skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, and ability to think out-of-the-box to develop innovative solutions; structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Comfortable working independently and in an entrepreneurial, start up environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Previous experience and comfort with client-facing interactions, such as compiling and presenting recommendations in PowerPoint and/or leading client meetings
- Strong history of team collaboration and effective internal/external communications
- BA, BS or equivalent undergraduate degree; graduate degree (ideally, MBA) in finance or business a plus, or similar certification such as CFA
- Interested in growing with I-DEV over the long-term, and to commit to at least 2 years with the company
- Native Spanish speaker with high level of English fluency (both written and spoken)
- Must hold permission to work in Andean Community
You may be a perfect fit, if these also describe you…
- Independent, proactive and comfortable asking the hard questions
- Creative in identifying cost-effective solutions to any challenge
- Adventurous, open-minded and ready to learn
- Humble in collaboration and bold in ideas and brainstorms because you believe nothing is impossible, and understand that partnerships and buy-in are often critical
- Passionate about problem solving and emerging markets development
- Believe that businesses- social enterprise or not- can create powerful change in emerging markets, and that long-term financial stability and growth of any business is a critical first step to creating meaningful social and environmental impact
If this sounds like a good fit, please complete the following online form to submit your application: https://goo.gl/forms/5UrIMHcTFnFckSuz1
I-DEV International (www.idevinternational.com) is a global strategy and investment advisory firm with offices in Lima (Peru), San Francisco (USA) and Nairobi (Kenya) committed to unlocking the unique insights, innovation and investment needed to build and scale high-impact businesses around the world. We advise on private sector strengthening initiatives and directly support SMEs (Small Medium Sized Enterprises) in their Seed through Series C rounds to become regional and international leaders. By building these leading businesses and a stronger private sector, we are creating jobs, bolstering local economies, and reducing stressors that drive conflict. I-DEV has worked in over 10 sectors to create game changing impact; however, core areas of expertise include Mobile/Internet Technology, Clean Energy, Sustainable Agriculture, and Emerging Markets Supply Chains.
Founded in 2009, I-DEV has become known as “a unique combination of grassroots development, hard-nosed business and savvy 2.0 smarts.” We have built a network of clients and partners that includes 100+ emerging market and impact investment funds (with over $10 billion in combined committed capital), Fortune 500 corporations, high impact SMEs, and leading foundations and development organizations.
I-DEV Latin America Sample Engagements
- Due diligence and investment strategy for Conservation International to support early stage conservation enterprises in the Peruvian rainforest and prepare them for investment
- Strategy and concept development of Secondary Benefits Programs, a new model that offers tiered benefits to smallholder producers along apparel and other raw inputs supply chains. Concept development with Eileen Fisher and Indigenous designs with alpaca and organic cotton producers, in order to promote roll out of model at scale.
- Global supply chain and sourcing strategy for a leading European supplier of exotic fruits & vegetables that utilizes CSR and fair trade funds to strengthen supply chains and impact for their smallholder farmers
- Pilot implementation of home solar products in the Peruvian Amazon
- Due diligence and investment strategy support to the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves on clean cookstove and eco-fuel investments
- Capital raise for a growth stage medical logistics company seeking to expand globally
- Research and development of the LATAM Digital report, which highlights key technology and digital commerce investment and startup trends across Latin America