About the Job
As Leadership Development Manager, you will play a key role in leading the development and improvement of Wedu’s leadership development organizational structure, programs and services, with a strong focus on data-driven management to ensure quality and impact for Rising Stars and Mentors.
This role has a strong focus on building the systems, frameworks and team to scale in a way that supports lifelong leadership development as well as new program innovations. Wedu’s business model is a new approach of promoting leadership development which relies on innovative service delivery models for a diverse customer group. We are looking for a person with an entrepreneurial spirit who has demonstrated leadership with a growth and innovation mindset.
In particular, the role involves:
- Managing and developing Wedu’s model for leadership development by understanding and implementing the tools and frameworks necessary to support lifelong learning among a diverse, growing community of Rising Stars
- Identifying and implementing the processes, technology and tools to ensure effective and efficient data-driven methods for monitoring program operations, customer experience, team productivity and impact measurement
- Driving and structuring the continuous improvement of Wedu’s leadership development offerings, as well as the systems that ensure quality delivery of all virtual and large-scale, in-person programs and services
- Establishing and managing partnerships, or a partnership model, to generate and design (internal and external) leadership development opportunities for Rising Stars
- Designing and managing a growing leadership development team with full responsibility over the department’s strategic objectives and projects, organizational structures, performance measurement and talent development
- Managing the department, systems and programs in a way that supports the growth and evolution of Wedu’s corporate partnerships
- Overseeing the recruitment and selection strategy and systems for volunteer mentors
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing other tasks, as needed
- You have at least 6-10 years of previous work experience at a managerial level, demonstrated strong leadership and project management skills, and previous experience building and managing growing, diverse teams
- You are entrepreneurial and not afraid to take ownership, showing audacity and resourcefulness in identifying and acting upon opportunities to innovate; you are also flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and leading the change
- You are familiar with and interested in leadership development concepts and trends in a way that will continue to build upon our unique approach to leadership development
- You have a proven track record of using high-level analysis, critical thinking and data-driven management to design organizations, processes and technologies to scale
- You are a skilled communicator – both a great listener and effective speaker and writer; you are confident and resourceful when reaching out to new people, and enjoy developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- You are collaborative and have the ability to use systems-level thinking to see beyond your own work and balance individual and team goals
- You have a passionate commitment to promote social change and women’s leadership development, and are willing to go above and beyond in pursuit of our common mission
- Strong preference for Thai and Asian nationalities; Western nationals already residing in Thailand or the region are also welcome to apply
Apply directly at http://www.weduglobal.org/get-involved/work/
Founded in 2012, Wedu is a unique leadership development organization and social enterprise that aims to unlock the leadership potential of the next generation of women changemakers across Asia. We do this by providing virtual mentorship, leadership trainings and innovative financing options for higher education to inspiring individuals who are committed to changing the status quo in their communities – we call these young women ‘Rising Stars’. Today, we are proud to support 405 Rising Stars across 22 countries who form the pillar of a growing community that we believe has the power to achieve large-scale social impact.