About the Job
Role: Business Development Manager
Position type: Permanent role
Travel: Minimal (c.3 days a month).
Starting date: ASAP (but latest by 1st week of Sept)
Key responsibilities during our current pre-Series A period where the team is prioritising fundraising:
You will primarily support our CEO and Executive Chairman (“EC”) who are leading the team’s fundraising efforts. You will project manage and coordinate the fundraising responsibilities of the wider team, in close coordination and guidance from the EC and the CEO. You will witness first-hand the dynamics and nuances of a fundraising operation with institutional, family office, and (U)HNWI investors.
- Prepare and facilitate all aspects of successful fundraising meetings (e.g. background research on potential investors).
- Manage investor onboarding processes and liaise as necessary with third party service providers (lawyers, fund administrators, banks).
- Ensure fundraising efforts are on schedule, investors are being appropriately followed up, and personalised investor approaches and pitches are being made. This will involve the set up and maintenance of a fundraising contacts coordination and information system.
- Advise and aide EC with all communication – produce draft communication on behalf of the EC, review EC-written drafts, and follow-up directly with investors and their due diligence teams.
Additional responsibilities relevant in particular post-Series A fundraising:
- Strategic partners development – a flavour of the ones either closed or currently in advanced stages of development:
a. seven co-investment partners (other institutional investment funds)
b. one of the world’s leading impact investment fund managers
c. one of the world’s leading emerging markets development and advisory companies
d. financial partners: a top 3 UK bank, a top Italian investment bank, a European asset manager, an Italian-Swiss private bank
- Design, pursue, iterate, execute and maintain platform investor volume building strategies:
a. B2C with individuals
b. B2B with private banks
c. B2Community with companies
- Expansion of the geographical reach of the Audaces investor platform with associated market scoping, operationalisation, legal and regulatory workstreams.
- Your own ideas that you may bring and develop as value-adding opportunities for Audaces.
- A competitive compensation package (including performance bonus + equity award) in line with experience, motivation and Audaces’ current stage as a pre-Series A venture.
The next few months are an exciting time to be part of Audaces. We have expanded the immediate team to six people. You could be joining us as the 4th employee. At this early stage of our journey, you have the opportunity to carve out a business development area for yourself.
We are truly at the point of lift-off, having already partnered with institutional fundraisers to support us in our current €15 million round. We believe in our business model and in our exceptional team. We look forward to your candidacy!
- Minimum three years of professional experience (more preferred, up to ˜8).
- Experience in a for-profit startup working environment where hustling, resourcefulness, results-orientation and an entrepreneurial approach are essential.
- Backgrounds in either SMEs, crowdfunding firms, consulting, or fintech industry.
- An understanding of, and affinity with, impact investing, social enterprise and funding platforms.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, with or without proper structure or supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skillset. Native-equivalent level of business English. Other European languages (especially Italian, but also French and German) would be a plus.
- Persistence and attention to detail in pursuit of objectives; excellent numeracy and logical reasoning.
- Comfort in using and learning latest generation software and tools to collaborate with and effectively manage remote or travelling team members.
- Education from a globally leading business school.
- Authorisation to work full-time in the UK.
- Your application should be sent as one pdf file named [Firstname.Surname].pdf consisting of six to ten sharp, concise bullet points outlining your suitability and motivation on the first page, followed by a one-page CV on the second page.
- Please send your candidacy to our ad-interim COO Szabi Baranyi, reachable at email@example.com
Audaces is building a global co-investment online platform for impact investing.
Audaces is led by our executive chairman who brings 30 years’ experience from his last role as Global Head of Family Services at UBS, a division leading impact and sustainable investing efforts. Our investment team is led by a partner with a top decile track record worldwide, considered one of the founding fathers of the impact investing movement. Our wider team consists of authoritative global leaders and influencers: http://audacesimpact.eu/about-us/#team.
Audaces is launching its own funds to co-invest on the platform. The first fund will focus on tech-enabled businesses Sub-Saharan Africa. We have already completed club deals in the region and are currently conducting a €15 million fundraising round.