About the Job
Are you a driven and hands-on networker with a financial background,
looking for a meaningful career in impact investment?
BiD Network has the ambition to grow regionally over the next couple of years. In this context, we are looking for a:
Investor Matchmaker East Africa
As an Investor Matchmaker at BiD Network you will be responsible for matching the selected businesses in our portfolio to investors. Your primary goal is to facilitate as many good investment deals as possible. You maintain and grow BiD Network’s network of institutional investors and local informal investors in the countries where we operate. Current focus is on Uganda, but there will be expansion into the region. You make sure the quality of all company documents are up to standards, and share investment opportunities with our worldwide network of investors. You attend impact investment events in the region and regularly follow-up with both entrepreneurs and investors. You know exactly what each investor is looking for and you are able to present the entrepreneurs in our portfolio in an attractive way to investors by knowing the business by heart as well as knowing what the investor is looking for. In addition, you will actively support the Uganda team in sourcing new business opportunities that can be offered to BiD Network investors.
Concrete responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and grow network of institutional investors, banks and local informal investors interested in investing in the East African region, and Uganda in specific
- Research and understand the specific needs of investors and maintain investor information (including contact data and characteristics) and matchmaking process in CRM system
- Have a thorough understanding of all businesses in the BiD Network portfolio
- Present investment propositions to BiD Network investors and facilitate the dealmaking process between BiD Network entrepreneurs and investors
- Represent and promote BiD Network and attend local and regional events on impact investing
- Provide support in managing relations with sourcing partners that provide access to quality deal flow (including banks)
- Support in investor research activities and development of investor services
- Support in creating financial projections and investment plans for SME
- Support in development of company assessment and investor presentation tools
- Monitor matched businesses and support in conducting monitoring and impact assessment of financed businesses.
- Play a key role in continuously optimising matchmaking process.
BiD Network is a small organization, with offices in Amsterdam and Kampala. Preferably the Investment Matchmaker will be based in the Uganda office. The Investor Matchmaker works closely together with the management team of BiD Network, and reports directly to the Director.
What do we offer
- Dynamic and international working environment
- An office in the city center of Kampala (and Amsterdam)
- Small team, allowing for more personal growth, by working on different projects and getting a lot of responsibility
- Get in depth understanding of doing business in East Africa and build a strong network of investors worldwide.
(local) salary based on qualification and experience
- Single package (no schooling, no relocation costs)
We are looking for a candidate that matches the following profile:
- University degree (preferably in business administration, finance and or investment management)
- Minimum 2-3 years of investment experience, preferably working at an institutional (impact) investor
- Financial skills to assess statements and make an investment plan
- Hands-on skills in project management;
- Previous experience and network in impact investing in East Africa is a pre
- Excellent writing skills; fluent in English (verbally and written).
- Natural ability to network, connect and enthusiast others
- Pragmatic and hands-on; self-starter and proactive
- Accurate, result-oriented (deal closer) and tenacious in achieving targets
- Stress-resistant and resilient
- Affinity with social entrepreneurship and impact investing
- Experience in digitising processes is a pre
- Open to travel frequently
Please send your CV and brief motivation letter to email@example.com.
BiD Network is an organisation with offices in Kampala and Amsterdam that supports emerging market entrepreneurs to get access to finance. BiD Network focuses on high growth businesses with a financing need of USD 50,000 up to USD 1,000,000.
Since 2007, BiD Network has raised nearly 32 million in investment capital for over 230 entrepreneurs. Via its local office in Uganda, BiD Network offers investment readiness and matchmaking services to selected entrepreneurs that have social impact, significant growth potential and a competent entrepreneurial team. Via these services, BiD Network is able to provide high quality deal flow to its local and international network of over 200 investors.