About the Job
Obviam, a Swiss based Investment Manager that invests in emerging markets private equity funds and financial institutions (FIs), is seeking an Investment Analyst to work primarily with its debt deal team out of its Bern office to commence in the second half of 2017.
- Assist in the selection of debt investment opportunities: analyse financial, operational and social information in order to determine present and future performance of financial institutions and debt funds.
- Conduct quantitative analysis and macroeconomic and political research to assess country and market risks.
- Assist the investment team with the preparation of the due diligence on financial institutions and debt funds and participate in on-site due-diligence visits.
- Assist the investment team in drafting (in English) investment papers.
- Provide support and assist in preparing loan documentation.
- Monitor the financial and social performance of FIs and funds, perform quarterly and annual analytical reviews to assess credit risks and contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual management reports.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and key stakeholders (i.e. financial institutions management teams, private and public investors, advisors).
- Various ad hoc projects and administration tasks as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Undergraduate degree (finance related)
- Strong financial analysis skills
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in banking, asset management or economic devel-opment sectors
- Ability to travel outside of Switzerland (circa 10-25%)
- Swiss citizenship, Swiss residency with working permit, or recognised EU/EFTA equivalent
Other relevant selection criteria:
- Master degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics
- Previous experience in financial institutions analysis, performing credit risk assessments and due diligences of FIs
- Other relevant, foreign languages an asset (such as Russian, Spanish)
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as sound business judgment to identify issues and present practical solutions
- Team player yet autonomous and ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environ-ment
- Demonstrated interest in the area of impact investing, responsible investments and ESG stand-ards
- Experience living in and/or travelling to emerging markets
Obviam is an independent investment advisor specialised in long-term investments in emerging and frontier markets. We advise public, institutional, and private clients, including the Swiss Investment Fund for Emerging Markets (SIFEM), the Development Finance Institution (DFI) of the Swiss Confederation. Across our various mandates we manage over USD 800m on behalf of our clients.