About the Job
NYCEEC is seeking a resourceful, conscientious Associate to provide support to NYCEEC’s programs and operations (other than financing transactions). Reporting to NYCEEC Senior Staff, and working closely with other members of the NYCEEC team, the Associate will play a significant role in NYCEEC’s work.
- Conduct research and provide analytical assistance including qualitative and quantitative data analysis/financial modeling to support NYCEEC’s work on existing projects and/or evaluation of new project ideas
- Develop and produce briefing documents, and presentation materials to summarize and communicate findings and considerations to NYCEEC Senior Staff in support of existing and potential partnerships with a variety of stakeholders (e.g., New York City Retrofit Accelerator, legislative initiatives, NYSERDA Cleaner, Greener Communities, etc.)
- Provide project management assistance, including development and maintenance of project plans and documents, coordinating project elements, identifying potential obstacles and working with NYCEEC team members to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Assist with the drafting and editing of compelling grant proposals, grant reports, and project proposals
- Support the development and maintenance of tracking systems for grant and contract commitments and deliverables; provide coordination to ensure timely completion and submission of deliverables and grant reports
- Provide general support for NYCEEC’s operations
- Maintain familiarity with NYCEEC projects, and the ecosystem in which NYCEEC operates; stay abreast of developments relevant to clean energy/energy efficiency finance and public policy
- Special projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant professional work experience required (e.g., business, finance, economics, nonprofit management, public policy or communications)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and superior attention to detail required; proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize a variety of inputs from different stakeholders into cohesive, compelling written materials
- Strong communication skills, with an appreciation for nuance
- Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling sensitive or confidential matters
- Ability to manage several competing priorities efficiently and effectively, while meeting deadlines with consistent follow-through; excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Skilled and comfortable using various technology tools, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) is required; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Salesforce or other customer/constituent relationship management (CRM) platform, and project management software/tools (e.g., TeamGantt, MS Project, etc.) strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to work independently as well as collaboratively, navigating a variety of working styles and personality types
Please note that this position description contains a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for the position. It is not exhaustive, and does not represent a contract for employment. NYCEEC reserves the right to modify the position description at any time.
To apply, qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position at NYCEEC, what makes you a great candidate for this role, how you learned of the position, and your salary requirements to email@example.com with “Associate-FirstName LastName” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend applying early.
New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC)
The New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) is a non-profit specialty finance company that develops financing solutions for projects that save energy and reduce greenhouse gases. NYCEEC’s team is passionate about making New York City a greener, cleaner and more affordable city by furthering its mission to innovate and deliver clean energy financing solutions for buildings. We do this through the financing of clean energy projects as well as through our programmatic work focused on (1) partnering with government entities and private sector lenders, and (2) advancing the field of clean energy finance generally. For more information: www.nyceec.com.