About the Job
ImpactUs seeks one additional full time Cross Department Manager who will serve as key contributors to the start-up and growth of the ImpactUs Marketplace. Current functional deployments will include Internal Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Support. Each Cross Department Manager has responsibilities within at least two functional departments during any given rotation; such as: Marketing, Sales, Project Management, Due Diligence, Operations, and Executive Office. The Responsibility and Purpose is to provide a great entry opportunity for candidates with previous work experience and for those with strong motivation to learn and contribute in the Impact Investing, FinTech broker dealer and/or relevant functional departments.
- Alternately lead and contribute to key project(s) and business results within the business and amongst stakeholders
- Support at least two key functional areas of the business with day to day responsibilities focused on customer service, marketing, creative problem solving, administration, timely execution and providing needed research or insight.
- Initially support external sales, marketing and client delivery efforts with modest administrative responsibilities as well.
- Rapid synthesis and packaging of qualitative and quantitative information into action oriented plans that inform key departments, executive management and board of directors.
- Own at least 1 strategic project per quarter and deliver assessment and recommendations to Senior/Executive team for potential inclusion in near or longer terms plans.
- Demonstrate and live the mission, values of the organization in spirit and substance: shared prosperity, innovation, transparency, collaboration, pragmatic realism, excellence and results.
- Provide other support as may be needed from time to time and as time and talent warrant.
- Duties are performed in a fast paced, professional and collegial office environment
- Travel dependent on departments supported
- Initial office in Washington, DC.
- 5+ years of previous professional services work experience required (or 3+ years with relevant advanced degree).
- Demonstrated academic and professional interest (and preferably experience) in at least two relevant functional areas including: strategic marketing, communications, sales, compliance, operations, investment analysis, project management, technology, and/or other relevant areas of the business.
- Extremely strong levels of initiative, appreciative inquiry, written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) field, Impact Investing, LOHAS and BCorp spaces.
- High level proficiency in MS and other office productivity programs such as: MS Word, PPT, Excel, Mail, PowerPoint; Salesforce; Social Media, etc.
- Ability to work independently and prepare professional customer ready materials or deliverables with modest oversight.
- Strong academic background with relevant graduate degree preferred. All majors welcome; business, marketing, finance, economics, public policy, tech/social media and related fields preferred.
- Strong analytic skills, high motivation levels, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an MBA or JD preferred
- Series 7 and 63 (within 6 months)
Email information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ImpactUs Marketplace LLC (ImpactUs), a Delaware Limited Liability Company and FINRA/SEC/SIPC licensed Broker Dealer officially launched as a standalone entity in June 2015. The business recently began full operations as an online marketplace (“The Marketplace”) offering an array of private debt and private equity impact investments to support the impact industry, institutions, investors and their advisors. During its first year of operations, ImpactUs is targeting 20 or more issuers and having approximately $100MM-$150MM in capital raised through co-marketing and sales efforts for a range of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), non-profits, impact and mission driven for-profit organizations. The offerings will be both domestic and global and is expected to grow to billion-dollar scale within a five years. ImpactUs was initially capitalized by investments and grants from Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.; City First Enterprises, Inc.; MacArthur Foundation and Ford Foundation. Additional capitalization underway from private investments, grants and industry leaders. The first-year staff is estimated at 8 full time employees and targets future efficient scale growth in staffing.
ImpactUs was formed to fill a market void that exists between entities such as CDFIs and other mission based organizations who raise and deploy capital to produce societal value and impact investors and advisors who are looking for a financial return on their investments that are accompanied by a measurable societal impact. ImpactUs is initially targeting debt and equity securities that have a track-record with institutions, communities and impact investors and/or are restricted to accredited investors. As securities based crowdfunding continues to emerge, ImpactUs may also provide an additional platform for the broader affordable housing and community development sector to source crowdfunded equity and debt.
ImpactUs is currently staffed by four direct, highly experienced staff and contract team members including its first CEO and President; VP Client Engagement, Head of Due Diligence and one existing Cross Department Manager. It is further supported by an estimated 3-5 consultants to help build and oversee compliance, finance, the Marketplace technology and support the back-end administration through large and highly seasoned third party partners. The organization is matrixed in structure by function with all team members responsible for 1-2 functional areas. The CEO and all Associates are responsible for contributing to the execution on strategy and required adjustments to strategy when warranted.