About the Job
Investment Associate Internship
at Flat World Partners in New York City
About the Job
Flat World Partners is seeking to hire an investment associate intern within the investment team for its New York office. The role will be responsible for performing due diligence activities, interacting with advisory clients and the investment management process.
With direct mentorship from the FWP investment team, the associate intern will gain invaluable experience and exposure to the field of impact investing.
This is an unpaid position, however interns are our main recruiting pool for full-time paid employment.
- Develop effective investment management strategies to manage assets over short, intermediate, and long-term time horizons for each investment portfolio.
- Evaluate and recommend new ideas for potential investment, including strategies that improve return and reduce portfolio risk, as well as support social impact objectives.
- Research investment ideas and trends to identify and present new investment concepts and solutions for potential incorporation into the investment program.
- Perform research and quantitative analysis for a variety of asset classes, investment managers, and risk/return of portfolio composition, as assigned.
- Have extensive experience analyzing, documenting, and monitoring alternative asset class investments including private equity, hedge funds, and private real estate investments.
- Develop and maintain models and risk measurement tools to assess portfolio activities and investment managers.
- Ensure that best practices in benchmarking, peer analysis, and other assessment tools are implemented and used to facilitate improvements in investment results.
- Monitor and advise investment team on external trends and events (e.g. market, regulatory, accounting) impacting the investment portfolios.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in investments, consulting, and/or tech.
- Knowledge of markets and investment analysis, in support of the incorporation of investment ideas and strategies that benefit portfolios.
- Knowledge of programming languages an advantage
- Emerging markets experience an advantage
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interest and/or knowledge in impact investing
- Highly pro-active
- Strong desire to work within a startup environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing ability
Candidate must have strong knowledge and skills in MSExcel, PPT, Word and Outlook. A Bachelor’s degree is required [finance or CS preferred].
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Applicants are encouraged to work with their career management offices in regard to summer stipends for internships at startups and impact investing firms.
Please email email@example.com with a short cover letter and resume, please also put in the subject your name and "Investment Associate."
Flat World Partners
Flat World Partners is a next generation investment advisory firm, solely focused on Impact Investments. We take a global, active and transparent approach to our investment strategy; seeking out the best in class opportunities that meet the needs of clients. We work alongside your investment team to build customized impact portfolios. We’re constantly talking to the impact market, diligencing managers, products and direct investments to help you drive your business for generations to come.