About the Job
The objective of risk management is to define methodologies to ensure that the risks originated in the FSP operations and expenses associated with the credit cycle (credit initiation, account maintenance and collections) can be predicted and are acceptable to the business. In alignment with this objective, the Data Scientist / Statistician will be responsible for supporting the risk unit in assisting the MFIs in the following three areas:
Evaluate traditional and alternative data sources to identify possible usages in order to increase data analytical capacities in the FSP.
Development and control of statistical models, preparing and documenting the specific developments and follow-up of related results.
Support in managing the data bases used by the unit for performance tracking and analysis methodologies.
- Coordinate with the Data Base Analyst all the data requirements for statistical analysis and tool development.
- Develop and implement statistical models to support credit, collection, account maintenance and recovery processes.
- Continuously validate the prediction capabilities of the statistical models developed and implemented.
- Evaluate and control the consistency of the information required for the construction of the statistical and expert models required.
- Develop and test risk segmentation tools (including scoring models) to be implemented in our partner FSPs.
- Prepare and develop the documentation required to support the risk segmentation tools and scoring models
- Perform information analysis to support the development of new products within the risk unit´s goals
- Participate in the review of technical and research documentation particularly those related to alternative data sources and big data
- Develop and present training during the implementation of the risk-based segmentation tools in the partner FSPs
- Participate in the tool transfer process to the partner FSPs
- Contribute to the development of monitoring and maintenance tools for the risk-based segmentation tools implemented
- Interact with alternative data providers and developers in identifying partnerships between Fintech Data providers and FSP partners
- Minimum of BS/BA in Statistics with experience in R / SAS / SPSS / Modeller or similar tools
- 3 to 5 years of experience in score development, data analytics and statistical analysis.
- Experience with the financial industry is required. Exposure to alternative data and big data sources
- Advanced statistical skills, Data Mining strengths, and financial knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience ensuring data-integrity and timely delivery.
- Excellent relationship management with good presentation and commercial skills.
- Must be adaptable, innovative, and posses good analytical skills & sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills; customer-service oriented; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; and ability to sell ideas and motivate staff.
- This position is intended for a local based staff in India. No relocation is considered.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
Please apply online at: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1813/data-scientist—-statistician%2c-global-advisory-solutions/job
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.