About the Job
Agora Partnerships works to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unlocking the potential of social entrepreneurs to build companies that create social and environmental impact for their communities and the world. Agora seeks to strengthen the impact entrepreneurship ecosystem through a variety of programs, including through the Agora Accelerator, a 4-month program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served 125 companies working in 18 countries across Latin America and catalyzed US$69 million in investment into these companies. Learn more at http://www.agorapartnerships.org/.
The Manager of Finance & Operations will serve as an integral member of Agora’s management team during an exciting period of growth. The Manager of Operations and Finance will be chiefly responsible for managing all financials aspects of an annual budget of $1.5M across three offices (US, Mexico and Nicaragua), as well as managing all day-to-day operational systems to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire organization. The Manager will work across the organization to solve problems, provide data, and be the backbone of an organization during an exciting time of scaling. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional with a proven track record of financial management and creative problem solving to execute internal infrastructure to support Agora’s sustainable growth.
The Manager of Finance & Operations will be based in Agora’s downtown Washington, DC and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) to following:
- Accounting – Manage 3rd party accountant to ensure all monthly transactions are recorded accurately in QuickBooks by account and grant; ensure accounts payable are paid
- Cash Flow – Manage cash flow to strengthen financial position of the organization
- Payroll – Manage monthly payroll process using third party vendor
- Budgeting – Work with team leads to develop annual operating budget and departmental budgets and provide timely and accurate budget v. actual reports. Work closely with Partnerships team to develop proposal budgets
- Country Offices – Work closely with country office teams to align cash flow needs for regular disbursements, and ensure local accounting is compliant with grant reporting requirements
- Financial Reporting – Communicate Agora’s financial status to the management team, Board of Directors, funders, and other important stakeholders
- Audit – Work closely with accountant and audit firm to complete annual financial audit
- Human Resources Management – Execute and strengthen all internal human resource policies and infrastructure; prepare offer letters; benefits administration; manage process of recruiting and orienting new employees; manage annual performance review process
- Compliance – Ensure timely compliance with annual organizational filings, certifications, insurance, etc
- Grant Management – Ensure all grants are properly recorded and grant deliverables are met on time
- Systems Management – Manage and improve the efficiency of all internal systems including Google Suite, Salesforce, Box, and Slack
- Office Management – Manage rent payments and other office maintenance matters in DC office
- Operations Team Management – Establish, direct and manage strategic goals, objectives, and priorities of Operations Team; manage Operations Associate and Intern; evaluate project outcomes
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding entrepreneurial solutions to our most pressing social challenges and who wants to help build and grow one of the leading organizations working to support entrepreneurship and inclusive economic growth throughout Latin America. The successful candidate is driven by the desire to build effective and efficient financial and operational systems to support the entire team in achieving Agora’s mission. Successful candidates will be outstanding team leaders, highly organized, and exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity and perseverance.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit financial and operations management
- Postgraduate degree with business focus and 5-7 years work experience
- High level of comfort with accounting systems (preferably Quickbooks) and CRMs (preferably Salesforce)
- English fluency, with a strong preference for Spanish professional working proficiency
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for up to two weeks at a time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and sit for sustained periods of time
There is no single ideal “mold” for this position, but we do seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
- Ability to synthesize complex financial information and communicate key points to a non-financial audience
- Strong sense of integrity
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, work independently, and manage competing priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity, adaptability, and an ability to work in a small, dynamic organization
- Professional, positive, energetic, and patient attitude with a good sense of humor
Please email resume, cover letter and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance & Operations Manager Application.” Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview on a rolling basis.
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unleashing entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact throughout Latin America. Agora accomplishes this through the Agora Accelerator, a 4-month program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served 125 companies working in 19 countries across Latin America and catalyzed US$45 million in investment into these companies.