About the Job
We are expanding and plan to hire an Investment Analyst or Associate (depending on experience) for our Portland office who will work closely with our investment team in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment to provide support in researching, sourcing, analyzing and executing new investment opportunities, along with managing existing investments. This role will report directly to the Principal of Investments, and work with and across all the Firm’s investment products and projects. In this role, the Investment Analyst/Associate will gather relevant data, build and support investment models, draft and present investment recommendation summaries and actively engage with the team during investment discussions. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling and written and verbal communication skills, will be a true team player with a commitment to success, and will be able to thrive in a very dynamic environment working across a diverse set of opportunities.
- Create and maintain complex financial models to support our investment process.
- Draft and present internal investment recommendation memoranda.
- Gather and monitor market information to build robust reference data sets.
- Work closely with operational teams to validate assumptions and quantify potential operational impacts.
- Maintain investment pipeline data, and gather relevant information from industry sources.
- Support finance team on projects related fund reporting, existing investment performance, and strategic planning and analysis.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401 (k) will be provided.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Our company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, or compensation.
Demonstrated interest or experience in agriculture/food
- 1-4 years of experience in financial modeling, preferably within investment banking, management consulting, agriculture, real estate, or private equity.
- Commitment to sustainability.
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high-growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
ACM Management, LLC (“ACM”) is a sustainability-driven agriculture and food investment firm that currently manages two investment funds (“the Funds”). The Funds invest in permanent cropland and synergistic midstream assets to create a vertically integrated enterprise that grows, packs and markets high-value produce. Through an owner-operator model, the Funds employ a value-added approach to farm operations, focused on sustainable farm practices and the sale of organic produce as a means of enhancing returns. Our mission is “to generate superior returns for our investors, and have positive impact on the environment and communities in which we work.”