About the Job
Are you someone who wants to make a real difference in the world? Do you want to work for an employer who brings about change and improves people’s lives? Do you wish to use your talents and skills to support a global, just society?
Oikocredit is a socially responsible investor dedicated to empowering people globally. Our mission is to provide financial services and support to organizations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. Oikocredit has more than 250 members of staff in around 40 countries with almost 50 nationalities. We offer a triple return to our investors: social, environmental and financial. More information about our organization can be found at: www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit.
In order to strengthen its IT team, Oikocredit International (OI) is looking for a software developer (full-time, 36 – 40 hours) to be based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The software developer is part of the IT team, and reports to the IT operations manager. If you have experience in software development and are eager to join an international team, apply now!
As a software developer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing new functionalities for current or new information systems
- Writing bug fixes and creating new functionality for existing information systems
- The technical implementation of business requirements in close cooperation with the business analyst
- Updating and maintaining technical documentation
- Maintaining the quality of software development in accordance with business standards and in consultation with the IT business analysts.
This job might be for you if:
- You are keen to join an international agile team
- You are able to ‘see the bigger picture’
- You are accurate and result-oriented
- You are client and service-oriented
- You will work for a professional organization with social goals
- You will work in a unique, international and diverse environment
- You will have excellent training and learning opportunities
- You will have ample opportunities for growth
It is essential that:
- You have a minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar position
- You have worked in software development and have experience with writing in C# and knowledge of SQL, MVC as well as asp .net webforms
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It is desirable that:
- You have worked in an agile environment
- You have knowledge of software architecture
- You are familiar with financial applications
Please go to www.oikocredit.coop/jobs and submit your application in English, including your CV and letter of motivation, no later than 28 April 2017.
Oikocredit is a worldwide cooperative and social investor, providing funding to the microfinance sector, fair trade organizations, cooperatives and small to medium enterprises. It offers a triple return to its investors: social, environmental and financial and its work is guided by the principle of empowering people to improve their livelihoods. Oikocredit has investments in over 60 countries worldwide, with its international office based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. More information can be found on www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit.