About the Job
- Actively manage portfolio of investments within CNFA Capital Fund I.
- Participate and/or lead in the due diligence process of new investment opportunities including linking cluster-based investments in Agribusiness, Ag Services and Ag Tech sub-sectors;
- Negotiate, structure and complete fund documentation, as required;
- Identify areas of value addition in portfolio companies’ corporate governance, operational efficiencies and product development;
- Support fund raising activities for the fund, as required;
- Represent the Fund on portfolio boards, as required;
- Serve on Investment Committee;
- Attend annual investor meetings, as required;
- Ensure compliance with fund investment strategy, environmental and social safeguard requirements, and recommend corrective actions as necessary;
- Actively monitor fund financial performance and actions, including exit opportunities for investments.
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience and track record with a private equity fund, institutional investor, sovereign wealth fund, or similar entity, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity investments preferred;
- Strong practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments, preferably in a direct investment context;
- Experience investing in Agribusinesses, Ag Services and/or Ag Tech enterprises;
- Experience investing in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Strong understanding of and experience in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis;
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic;
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate (including being resourceful in identifying potential investment opportunities) and bring deals to completion;
- Sound business judgment, problem solving, commercial instincts, and energetic team-oriented attitude.
Email a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
CNFA Capital, sponsored by CNFA, is a newly incorporated agribusiness investment fund, is launching CNFA Capital Fund I to stimulate agricultural sector growth in developing markets and capitalize on new investment opportunities through a strategy that builds integrated farming systems through investments in Production & Processing Agribusinesses, Ag Services and AgTech enterprises. Investing at seed and growth stages, the fund will make equity and growth-oriented investments in agricultural enterprises in select markets across Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Eastern Europe. By supporting productivity-enhancing agricultural services and enabling adaptation of AgTech solutions to the developing market context, CNFA Capital aims to stimulate inclusive economic development while providing a commercial return to its investors.
CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium, dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets.