About the Job
Triple Jump, an impact investment fund manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a:
Senior Product Manager New Investment Fund Initiative
40 hrs per week, based in Amsterdam with occasional travel
Triple Jump is an independent responsible investment manager focused on impact investing in emerging markets. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with regional offices in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. Our investment portfolio spans more than 60 countries.
Triple Jump targets financial sector development and invests in institutions that service the bottom of the pyramid. Triple Jump offers professional fund management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. Thanks to mandates from multiple investors Triple Jump can provide services to financial intermediaries in all stages of their development. Triple Jump investees include financial institutions (ranging from NGOs receiving their first funding, all the way to regulated banks) and investment funds, in developing countries.
Expectations / Description of Role
As Senior Product Manager New Investment Fund Initiative, you are responsible for the coordination of the development of a new fund proposition, which in essence is financing the development and implementation of clean & basic utility services and related infrastructure in Emerging Markets. You will take-over a project which has passed its feasibility phase and where the product development phase has been launched. You will lead a dedicated project team that is reporting to a project steering committee formed by Triple Jump directors. This implies being involved in all aspects of the set up of the fund, including finetuning of the strategy, structuring, building the pipeline and winning prospective investors in close cooperation with other members of the project team.
- University degree or similar, preferably in Engineering, Finance, Economics or related fields;
- > 5 years of relevant investment experience;
- Demonstrable track record in private equity or project finance (direct or Fund of Fund with the intermediary funds investing in clean energy) preferred;
- Strong project management skills;
- Product management skills preferred;
- Thorough understanding of renewable energy businesses and project/asset finance structures preferred;
- Additional work experience in management consulting or the financial sector preferred;
- Demonstrated capability to establish new structures and work independently as part of a small, dedicated project team;
- Experience in fund raising is a plus;
- Work experience in development countries a plus;
- Existing network of partners relevant to the fulfillment of the position a plus;
- Willingness to travel for Market Development Purposes;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, French and/or Spanish a plus.
Triple Jump offers you
- A competitive salary plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 20% of your salary. The package includes 25 days of annual leave, based on a full-time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment;
- A unique opportunity to set up a Clean & basic utility infrastructure fund targeting funds and financial intermediaries in developing countries;
- The position is initially for 1 year. If successful, the candidate will be offered a permanent position.
Are you interested? Send your application to Jeanette Bouman before 31st of March 2017 by email: email@example.com. More information about the position can be obtained through Steven Evers or Jeanette Bouman +31 (0)20 2202 806.
Triple Jump BV
Triple Jump is a socially responsible investment management and advisory company with its head office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and regional offices in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Kenya, and Thailand. Triple Jump manages and administers investment funds that focus on improving access to finance for entrepreneurs in developing countries. The funds we manage reach out to in excess of 442,000 micro, small and medium enterprises in 60+ low and middle income countries.