About the Job
As our Entrepreneur Engagement Fellow you will work directly with our Monitoring&Evaluation team, supporting us in strengthening out our relationship with our client entrepreneurs. Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining regular communication with our entrepreneurs, identifying progress, challenges and needs and sharing opportunities
• Preparing and facilitating meetings with entrepreneurs to deepen our relationship and collect success stories, with occasional travel to client sites
• Taking part in the information collecting and reporting process to track entrepreneurs’ growth and produce impact reports
• Strengthening the communication flow with the other departments of Alterna in order to be perfectly updated and offer the best solution to our entrepreneurs
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow and that Alterna consistently looks to the top talent in our fellow pool as our primary source when hiring for long-term paid positions. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture
• At least 1 year of professional experience in relevant positions with a high level of interaction with people (e.g., sales, client service, partnerships management, capacity building)
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Business, Human Sciences, or related fields studies– holding a Master degree and/or having a multidisciplinary path is a plus
• Fluency in Spanish (verbal and writing) and professional working proficiency in English
• Previous experience in a developing country is a strong plus
• Awareness of cultural identity, patience and strong sense of empathy
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with different kind of interlocutors
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Office suite
• 6 – 10 month commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/fellows) and send it with your CV to email@example.com.
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a trampoline for professionals who want to be on the frontline of the emerging fourth sector. Our program is designed to bring top talent from the most innovative international organizations to work with Alterna's leadership team to maximize the organization’s impact and sustainability while getting hands-on experience with local entrepreneurs who otherwise lack access to high-quality business services.