About the Job
Actively contribute to the further development of the equity investment portfolio in Asia, including:
- Sourcing and screening suitable equity investment pipeline opportunities in the region
- Build a network to facilitate deal sourcing and relationship building (potential) clients and other stakeholders, such co-investors and network players
- Analyze financial statements and assess financial projections
- Perform due diligence, risk assessments and equity valuations
- Preparation and presentation of Investment Committee proposals
- Participate in negotiating and structuring terms and conditions of equity investments
- Monitoring equity investment portfolio in Asia
- Effectively perform exits from equity stakes
- Keeping abreast of economic, financial and political developments in the region
- Over time, have the potential to act as member of the Board of Directors/Board committees in Incofin’s investees and in Shareholders meetings
- Reports to the Co-Heads of Asian Business
- Provide necessary support debt investment team
- A challenging and entrepreneurial assignment in a fast growing impact investor
- A high degree of job satisfaction thanks to Incofin’s social commitment
- A competitive remuneration package
- Ample opportunity to develop within a dynamic environment and based out of an emerging economy
- Advanced academic degree in finance / economics or equivalent by experience
- Considerable equity investment or other relevant experience : at least 5 years with an impact investor or in private equity with a focus on the SME segment; preferably as investment officer
- Knowledge of the Asian investment landscape context is a must, with a particular focus on South Asia and South East Asia. Experience in specific countries in the region such as as India, Myanmar, Indonesia, or Vietnam, is a plus.
- Proven experience with entire equity investment process from origination to exit
- Passionate about inclusive progress and the impact investments field
- Collaborative team player, building partnerships with others to meet shared objectives
- Entrepreneurial and action oriented, taking on new opportunities and challenges with high energy and enthusiasm
- Drives results making good and timely decisions to keep Incofin moving forward
- Effective communication skills in a variety of communication settings and allowing to build strong relations
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills, applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the Incofin goals
- Affinity with legal aspects in structuring equity investments, such share purchase agreements and shareholder agreements
- Ability to travel extensively
- Excellent knowledge of English is required. Other local languages from the region would be an advantage
Interested candidates can send their
1. resume and
2. cover letter
to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incofin Investment Management
Incofin Investment Management (Incofin IM) is an international impact investor with more than 15 years of track record in promoting financial inclusion, particularly in rural areas and in the agricultural sector. Incofin IM develops and manages funds that invest mainly in financial institutions in developing countries. The investments of Incofin IM target both financial and social returns. The assets under management by Incofin IM amount to 750 million Dollars (equity and debt investments). The portfolio under management includes investments in 145 institutions in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Incofin IM is one of the fastest growing fund managers in impact investing, with a strong track record in financial inclusion (including microfinance) and its adjacencies. The multi-national Incofin IM team has offices in Antwerp (Belgium), Bogotá (Colombia) Chennai (India), Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Nairobi (Kenya).
To further strengthen our equity team and equity portfolio in the Asian region, we are looking for an Investment Manager Equity for Asia who will be based in our office in Chennai (India) or Phnom Penh (Cambodia). The position is expected to be filled by April 2017.