About the Job
The Investment Principal sources, analyzes, and closes investment transactions. The role will also support investor relations functions, fundraising, deal sourcing and administrative projects such as quarterly portfolio reporting and internal financial reporting and budgeting. The ideal candidate will have a background in venture capital and/or private equity and an entrepreneurial mindset. Experience as an entrepreneur, while not a requirement, is encouraged.
Reporting to the CEO, this individual will be a core member of the senior management team and will help drive the strategic direction of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved on the ground floor of the next generation of financial firms; one committed to high financial returns for investors while creating substantial economic impact for women.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Identifies prospective portfolio companies, performs diligence, and structures deal terms.
- Sources, analyzes, ensures due diligence, and closes investment transactions.
- Provides oversight and direction for BRAVA’s investment portfolio, including quality control and investment approach.
- Develops and updates key metrics to measure impact on women for assessing investments.
- Builds & manages engaged and diverse network of investors.
- Ensures that investment and portfolio performance is routinely assessed and that reports are prepared on a timely basis for the internal reporting, fundraising, and investor updates.
- Uses a variety of software tools for project management, investor management, and communication.
- Advises the CEO and other key members of the senior management team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to support senior management decision-making on strategic issues.
- Rolls up sleeves with an entrepreneurial spirit and does what it takes to get things done with a high level of quality and in a timely manner.
- MBA required.
- 5+ years of investment experience.
- Understanding of deal and fund structuring.
- Comfort in a broad range of industry sectors, with specific focus on technology, healthcare, and consumer products.
- Experience managing and creating budgets, cash flow, and investment pipelines.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
- Critical thinking, analytical skills, and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems, and manage time and resources.
- Effective collaboration and influence skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities in meeting deadlines and enjoy working in a fast- paced, team oriented environment.
- Passion for BRAVA’s mission.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Investment Principal” in the subject line.
More than an investment platform, BRAVA Investments, LLC is a new take on impact investing that emphasizes outcomes over optics, for both investors and for women. BRAVA exists to deliver returns to investors and real, measurable results for women.