About the Job
As our Data Analyst Fellow, you will work directly with our Monitoring & Evaluation team, supporting us in strengthening out our data management system. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the entire data managing process: collecting, entering, organizing and managing data into our Salesforce platform
- Troubleshooting and maintaining database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls, improving the effectiveness of the database tools and services
- Working closely to all departments and in particular to the Cultivation team to facilitate data collection from entrepreneurs and Alterna team members and streamline information flows
- Preparing for database expansion by studying plans and requirements, coordinating design and programming
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications to identify how to optimize constantly our data management system
- Running data analysis reports intended for the rest of the team to develop relevant and consistent strategies by informing the decision making process.
- Participating to the data collection process with entrepreneurs
- Min. 1 year of professional experience as a data manager or relevant hands-on experience with CRM platforms – experience in using Salesforce is a plus
- A degree in Statistics, Econometric, Data analysis, Computer Science, IT or related fields – holding a Master degree is a plus
- Professional working proficiency in English and Spanish (verbal and writing)
- Proficiency in Office suite; Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, C++, etc.) and/or statistical software (R, SPSS, STATA, etc.) is a plus
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with different kind of interlocutors
- Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context
- 6 – 10 month commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/fellows) and send it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a trampoline for professionals who want to be on the frontline of the emerging fourth sector. Our program is designed to bring top talent from the most innovative international organizations to work with Alterna's leadership team to maximize the organization’s impact and sustainability while getting hands-on experience with local entrepreneurs who otherwise lack access to high-quality business services